004. Monopoly.

season 12.

"Cunt!" Maizies British accent rang out through the wooden cottage

"Cunt!" Maizies British accent rang out through the wooden cottage. Castiel looking at the now seventeen-year-old in shock as Kelly busted out laughing. "You stupid angel!" She continued yelling, "It's just monopoly Mai." The angel told her, a confused look on his face. "It's just mono-" The teenager cut herself off to place a hand over her mouth.

"Monopoly is the greatest game that has ever been created Cas. I can't believe the disrespect coming from you right now." At the girls' words Kelly's laughs loudened. After this the angel began panicking, apologies leaving his mouth quicker than lightning as Maizie started laughing as well. Eventually the angel looked at and saw the two women uncontrollably laughing, trying to catch their breath as they leaned on each other.

"She's joking Castiel." Kelly caught her breath and told him, "I was just having a laugh with you." Maizie continued. "Oh." The angel looked at them with a calculating face.

The three of them had been living in a wooden cottage in the middle of nowhere for the past days. Most of the days were spend playing board games — like monopoly — or baking, cooking extravagant meals and designing the future baby room. The two women had painted the walls the day before, and they were going to start painting details the upcoming day.

The oven beeped and with a grunt the heavily pregnant women stood up, being supported by her teenager as they made their way into the small kitchen. Opening the oven door, they took out the apple crumble pie and set it down on the counter, curse words being muttered by Maizie as she burned her fingers multiple times.

Castiel had now joined them in the kitchen and grabbed Maizies arm to heal her as he stood next to her. "Thanks Cas, you're not that bad you know?" The blonde told him, "You remind me a lot of my father. Always trying to do the right thing." She continued, staring up at the angel with a smile.

The sentence stunned the angel, he had always been told that he was doing the wrong things and constantly being critiqued by Dean for the small mistakes he made. With a small smile he looked down at the teenager as she conversed and laughed with Kelly. He had known her for just over a week, but it felt as if he has known her forever. It was as if her soul was the same age as his.

The girl's soul was rough around the edges, as if it had been wandering the earth for millennia before choosing the blond-haired girl as its owner. It was pure from the inside out, almost as pure as an angel but it had darkness shimmering around the edges, almost engraved into it. Keeping her powers at bay. That small amount of darkness kept her from turning into a powerful supernatural being, and Castiel knew that.

If a small amount of arch-angel grace were to be added to the girl's soul — just enough to undo the engravings — it would be catastrophic. The girl's soul would be forced into that of an angel, the moment she died.

"You okay there?" Kelly asked Cas, snapping the angel out of his thoughts. Clearing his throat he answered, "Yes, are you guys enjoying the pie?" "Yeah, it's great!" Maizie excitedly told him, mouth full of pie. "Maizie." "Sorry Kells." She responded to the woman who was looking at her in disapproval. "Don't talk with your mouth full." The mother reprimanded her.

As the two women ate quietly from the home-made apple pie, the angel simply basked in the comforting silence. "So, since I technically won Monopoly, I think I get to decided what we do next." Maizie broke the silence, "You didn't win Maizie, you walked away angry when you had to pay Cas." Kelly reminded her. Scowling the teen replied, "Don't make me pull out the fake tears." She threatened. "No please don-" the teen mustered up her sadness and let small tears form in her eyes.

"You won, Maizie you won." Castiel told her, taking a breath when her tears left her eyes a bright smile replaced them. "You shouldn't have said that Cas, now she's going to keep bringing it up." Kelly scolded him, "Oh yes I am!" Maizie ran away with a loud laugh and a bright smile. "Keep her safe." Kelly's voice broke out, "You keep my children safe when I'm gone Castiel." She made the man promise, her voice cracking on the last word. "I promise Kelly. I promise to keep them safe."

NOTE !
Shorter chapter cause the last one was over 3000 words. I love Kelly so much and it pains me to think about her story.