002. The Breakfast Club.

season 12, episode 19.

The smell of fresh waffles was the one that greeted Dean the next morning

The smell of fresh waffles was the one that greeted Dean the next morning. Almost rolling out of bed the man followed the scent with his nose up. Eyes still half closed as he made his way into the kitchen. "Mornin'" Maizie looked up at the man with a teasing look on her face. "Good morning Deano." Eyes opening as wide as saucers Dean jumped at the feminine voice that came from in front of him.

"Holy hel- Goodmornin' Maze." She looks at him with a playful look in her eyes as she sends him a smile. Balancing the plates on her arms she set it down in front of him the moment he sat down. "I wanted to give you a reason to let me stay, so, these are my famous Maizie special waffles!" She told him with a big smile on her face.

"Maze, we would've let you stay even if you didn't make us breakfast." They both looked up to Sam as he wandered into the room, sitting down in his own seat and giving Maizie a "Thank you." as she set down his waffles in front of him. Dean took a bite off his waffles, "What the heck?! What did you put in these?!" He started stuffing his mouth full with the waffles, syrup dripping down his chin and a crazed look in his eyes. "Well, they're just normal waffles, I used to eat this all the time back in England."

"All the ti- Oh yeah I'm definitely keeping you." Dean told her, sending her a look of astonishment. Maizie sends him a smile, actually feeling welcomed for the first time in a while, she loved this feeling. They are together, sharing stories about their past and letting out real laughs. It felt normal, real. It felt comforting.

A month had passed since that morning and both Sam and Maizie were at the main table, the one with the map engraved into it — which still amazed Maizie by the way — and were looking into cases. Well, Maizie was looking into cases, Sam was looking into evil babies caused by devil reproduction.

"What's up, Beautiful Minds?" Dean walked into the room. "Guess I just figured we can't exactly track Dagon, so I've been reading up on Nephilim, trying to figure out how much time we have before—"

"'Lil lucifer pops?" "Pop goes the weasel?" Maizie and Dean chorused. The two brothers had filled the girl in on their current troubles, and she really tried not to show how funny she thought it was. I mean c'mon, the devil possessed the president, proceeded to have sex with his secretary who then got pregnant, and now they're trying to kill the offspring? She found it hilarious.

Sam sends them an unimpressed look. "Yeah. Okay, so we know Kelly got pregnant sometime in early December. According to the lore, Nephilim don't need 9 months to get to full term, so I think she will be giving birth around May 18th." Sam told them, "Which means-"

"We have less than a month to find her." Dean finished. "Sounds good." Maizie told them sarcastically. "Yeah, and exactly no idea where to start." Sam said. "Sounds even better!" Maizie finished, her accent making it sound like 'bettah'.

Dean send her a look that told her to quit it, so he wouldn't burst out laughing. "Okay, but even if we do find her, what then?" He instead questioned his brother. "I don't know. I mean, I-" The bunker door opening cut Sam off. The three looked up at the opening door in sync.