𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲 - 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝘁

HOW WE MET

HOW WE MET.

"Kokushibo, I'm not ready for this" you whispered, fanning yourself with your hand in the car.

The bodyguard sitting next to you, his hands gripping the steering-wheel tightly, glanced at you briefly and quizzically quirked an eyebrow up. Today was a special day for you, but sadly a dreadful day for him. He was the unlucky one who had to deal with the future First Lady about to make her first public appearence with Muzan.

Actually, an anxious First Lady.

Why were you panicking? Well, it was not the fact that you were going to be in public with him for the first time. On the contrary, it would have been kind of fun. What troubled you was that he wanted it to look real. It would have not been a simple stroll around the park with him. You had to literally pretend it was your first encounter ever.

"Don't screw it up. We have to feed them a perfect love story, a fairytale", Muzan had told you yesterday night, when you were still a panting mess sitting on his lap.

It was a lot to deal with. How could you pretend you did not know him, after all the wicked things he had done to you and the possessive words he had never stopped whispering in your ear since you had moved over. Also, you were getting so comfortable around him that you had no trouble in confronting him. You were free to tease him like no one else dared to do.

Your relationship, whatever it was made of, was already developing.

"Yes, you are" Kokushibo flatly replied, as he pulled over in a nearly desolate street. The plan was simple. Kokushibo had to accompany you in the proximity of the park and you had to go there yourself. Naturally, the tall bodyguard would have kept an eye on you to make sure you would have gotten to your destination safe and sound, but it was better if you two did not interact on the road.

People could not know you knew each other.

You turned towards him, taking your sunglasses off in a dramatic manner, as you met his gaze. Were you seriously already feeling like a superstar? Probably.

"What?" you blurted out, blinking at him skeptically.

Kokushibo sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in distress as, for the first time ever in his career, he questioned himself about why he had chosen to work for Muzan and deal with you.

"Get out of the car, or I'll kick you out of it" he said, darting his eyes on the road as you goggled at him. Kokushibo, the respectful and coldest hitman Muzan had, was slowly letting his mask slip out. Were you really getting on his nerves too? You had a talent for wrecking people's nerves, apparently.