𝗢𝗻𝗲 - 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘂𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

CORRUPTION

CORRUPTION.

"How's Mr. Kibutsuji?" you asked, shooting an interrogative glance at Kokushibo through the rear-view mirror of the car.

Time had really flown and, before you could mentally prepare yourself to the radical change in your life, it was already Sunday and you had just locked the front door of your apartment, pestered by uncertainties about your new busy schedule and, most likely, new life-style.

"He is a respectful, classy man, miss L/N" the driver flatly replied, not averting his eyes from the road. It was your third failed attempt to make a small conversation with the stolid man, who was most likely going to be your bodyguard as well.

You had had the chance to read all the clauses of the contract and it did not seem unpleasing. Except for your lack of privacy, due to being followed and watched in every step you took by a potential serial killer.

If you had to spend hours in Kokushibo's company, then you would have liked to know him better, at least.

You sighed and rested your forehead against the cold car window "Yeah, I know. – you said, batting your eyes close for a few seconds – Do you think we could ever be friends? I mean, you're going to be my shadow for the rest of my life. It's weird and I... Uhm, well, I'd like to feel comfortable around you" you said, opting for a blatant request.

You were spontaneous, honest, and best known for speaking your thoughts without fear, or remorse. You would have surely not changed your attitude for a contract. Plus, it was not like you were rude. You liked to think yourself free to say and do whatever you pleased. Well, at least, when you were safe from prying eyes.

It took a few seconds for Kokushibo to reply something, but eventually he did and a skeptical "As you wish, ma'am" left his lips.

You rolled your eyes, palming your forehead in defeat. It was a lost cause, was it not? Nevertherless, it was your second time interacting with him. There was still a dim hope of breaking through his detached heart.

"Y/N, call me Y/N" you breathed out, expecting some kind of reaction from the taciturn bodyguard. However, he kept his mouth shut and you realised that, perhaps, Kokushibo was not just a man of few words: he probably found it odd that 'the boss's fiancé' wanted to strike up a conversation with him.

You were about to pest him again with another sapless question, when your phone buzzed. You thought it was one of your friends, or maybe your collegues from the small restaurant you worked in. Some of them were heartbroken, when you announced them you had to resign for personal reasons. You could only imagine their faces, when they would have seen your face on the newspapers as Muzan's wife.