pacify her- kelly

~
TW: homophobia
Pronouns: they/them
Song: Pacify Her- Melanie Martinez
~

I stand at my locker, grabbing my books for the next class I have. Kelly and her new boyfriend walk by me. Kelly attempts to start up a conversation, though I ignore her and brush past both her and her boyfriend.

In Theater, Kelly walks to the stage to audition for the upcoming school musical. Her face shines under the florescent stage lights. I push the butterflies away and continue practicing my monologue. Kelly's boyfriend, Brandon slides into the seat next to me.

"F@g." Brandon whispers under his breath. "Excuse me?" I say, offended. "We all know it. The way you look at my girlfriend says a lot."

I blush, though I dismiss it and look at Brandon. "But is she really yours if she wants me?" I cock my head to the side slightly. "I-i love her."

"You don't love her, stop lying with those words." I roll my eyes and get up to audition.

During lunch, Kelly comes up to me. I wave goodbye to my group of friends and dump my lunch tray. "Why would you tell Brandon that we fucked?" Kelly asks. "Why would you say that we would be more than a one nightstand and then the next day you get with Brandon? And just so you know, you could do a lot better than Brandon."