NOT ALLOWED- MAGNOLIA

~
TW: Homophobia
Pronouns: They/Them
Song: Not Allowed- TV Girl
All In Y/N POV:
~

K-12 School. The Most Interesting School In All Of Martinezville. Also The Most Homophobic.
I walked down the hallways holding the hand of my new boyfriend, Brock. We passed Magnolia, who was with her friends. She gave me a small smile and I returned it.
I missed her.
We had been forced to break up since K-12 was so very unaccepting of LGBTQIA+ people.
Brock was nothing like Magnolia. He was selfish and arrogant, he never told me he loved me if he didn't want sex.
I went back to my dorm, which I shared with my friend, Fleur. I pulled out the old polaroid picture of Magnolia and I.
Staring into it I wished that we had never broken up.
I guess it's different. We can't just go back to how we were.
A knock sounded on our door. It must've been Fleur, forgetting her key.
When I opened it, Magnolia stood, her uniform wet with red.
"What happened?"
"Your stupid boyfriend, Brock." She said. The word Boyfriend was laced with venom. She dropped her soaking jacket and walked into the dorm.
I sat on my bed as she dug through my closet to find her spare uniform that I had never given back, for she still had mine. 
She changed and then sat next to me, intertwining our fingers.
We looked at each other. Our lips met in the middle of the space in between.
The electric feeling I got when we used to do this in the hallways returned.
We pulled apart.
"I-"
"So-"
We both started at the same time.
"What's on your nasty old mind?" Magnolia asked, a smile creeping onto her lips.
"I hope we're still friends."
"I wish we could be more."
"We can, in secret."
We both leaned in and our lips met for the first of many secret kisses.