Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"—With Kirishima's ability, you guys can set one of these off and he can protect you from the after math." Her voice further elaborates before going into depth on how to actually use them.

It ended up being pretty simple: smash them on the ground and they explode.

"..So you just gave me explosives?" I speak up after her little explanation and she nods, letting out an unconcerned "Yep!" as an answer.

"Though the trip is short, we don't know what trouble we could run into so I'm just taking precautions— I actually stayed up pretty late last night, making these." Uraraka sheepishly admits, raising a hand to idly fix her hat as I nodded in understanding.

I was concerned yet grateful towards her thoughtfulness and offer a nod as a smile made its way back onto my features "Thank you," I spoke, gently placing the little ball-shaped jars into my satchel for safe keeping.

She nods in return, slightly turning her head to glance over her shoulder and look at the small group currently being pulled together by Midoriya.

"I'll be sure to pay back your kindness in some way." I claim lightly and she waves a hand in my direction, letting a small chuckle escape her lips.

"Don't worry about it, we're friends, we need to look out for each other." The brunette states before there's another call out to make sure everyone was set to leave.

My voice lifts along with the others, alerting the leader before Midoriya nods "Alright, let's head out!" He proclaims, turning and trotting off into the open valley with most of the group following suit.

Uraraka had walked off a little bit ago, leaving me to send a glance in my significant others direction "Are you ready for this?" He wonders, staring down at me.

My eyes cast back towards the tavern "Of course." I reply, leaning up and planting a small kiss on his cheek before taking his hand—the two of us departing from the village and following the group of travelers.

And the little gifts from Uraraka provide little clinks as I walk, reminding me they're there for any issues we may have to deal with along the way.

—Time Skip.—

After a days worth of traveling, Midoriya commanded that we'd set up camp down for the night.

My attention is tugged away from the little conversation I had been locked in with Eijiro—my gaze flickering up to finally notice the slowly setting sun with surprised eyes.

"Woah, it's already sunset?" I wonder out loud, earning a light chuckle from the redhead as he nodded beside me "Come on, you heard the man, it's rest time." He reminds.

"Right, right." My voice repeats as I turn to follow Eijiro through the group—each person going about with their respective preparations for the little campsite.

Traveling in such a small group really did have its perks when it came to getting ready because through the bustle of people, it was all still organized.

And a fire was up and running in no time with some extra logs to surround and sit on—a pot was also hung overhead the flames, creating some food for the night.

Long before we had left the tavern, Eijiro was gifted a tent that we both decided to share and with a bit of nagging—the redhead finally let me help him set it up.