And now this, bumping into Jeremy and ended up screaming at him. What's worse was that his face became unreadable, looking at you without any emotion.

It made you wince, you remember that expression of his, a little bit too vividly. He always shows that look when he sees something that angers or displeased him and now that it was directed at you, made you sweat a ton.

You just didn't know that Jeremy, at this point is just having mental crisis on what to do. He wasn't feeling negative or anything, he just doesn't know what to do.

'AH! I'm such an idiot!' You panicked, trying to find words to say to the boy standing in front of you but found nothing.

Last thing you want is to get into his bad side and ruin everything. If he hates you then he wouldn't even think of liking your friend because he's the type not to become friends with anyone close to his enemy.

You pursed your lips and picked up your groceries before rummaging for a certain drink.

"S-sorry for screaming at you, today's just a bad y'know?" You stuttered before giving him your favorite drink. "H-here you can have it."

Jeremy then got your drink while you were mentally crying. That was the last one in the store but you guessed you can survive the next week without it.

"It's ok, I understand." He said, causing you to slowly relax and calm down. "Thank you for the drink."

His lips formed into soft smile, almost blinding you in the process.

'AH MY EYES! ' You felt like a demon getting exorcised with his smile resembling the holy light. Though you were really happy that you aren't fully in his bad side and that he's so understanding.

"You're welcome!" You said hastily, letting out a nervous laugh. You want out, like right now.

Things are getting too awkward between the both of you and with you being unsociable like he is, you didn't know what to do.

That was until Jeremy stretched out his hand and you looked at it, confused. Is he trying to hold hands with you? Hold up and get your money?

"Those seem heavy, let me help you." Ah of course he's talking about your grocery bags.

Y/N, you and your imaginations are too much.

"You don't have to." You said, denying his offer. Your mother sure made you buy so many things despite you still being a 12 year old (physically), but you can't trouble him.

"I insist." He smiled again and this time you couldn't deny him and let him carry the other bags. You sighed as you felt the weight on your shoulders lighten.

"Thank you but aren't you going to get lost? Y'know, my house is a bit far away." You said, he was still fairly new to the neighborhood after all.

He shook his head as he started walking with you. The two of you were passing the park he once went through.

"Nah, I can navigate myself just fine." He answered you before explaining that he was walking and exploring around before bumping into you.

"Oh I see." It seems like you don't need to worry after all.

He's already grown up despite only being 12 and you know how independent he is, at least that's what the novel had portrayed him to be.

At the young age of 7, his parents left him with a nanny because they were always traveling around the world for business trips.

As years passed by, he learned to take care of himself just fine, learning many things from his kind nanny.

And when his parents returned to the country, they moved here for some unknown reasons and a few months later, he was left all alone again.

He basically spent most of his childhood without his parents and just with his kind caretaker.

But Jeremy being the understanding boy he is, didn't hold it against his parents for not always being there with him and for being such workaholics. He knew it was for him anyways so he just went with it.

To think that you were quite similar in your past life.

Both of you walked towards your house, talking and chatting away. ad soon enough you're already at your front porch.

"Thank you again for helping me." You smiled and he just nodded.

"Oh by the way, that's where Christy lives!" You just had to say, pointing at the house near yours.

He just needs to know ok?

He let out a "hmm" signifying that he understood and was about to say something when the door opened.

"Ah finally, you're back Y/N! Oh and who's this young man?" Your mother turned her attention to Jeremy who just stood there.

"Your friend?" Your mother asked with curiosity. You looked at Jeremy before turning to your mother.

Well, Jeremy is really nice and a good person to talk to, maybe he can be your friend after all.

This could also bring him and Christy closer right? If he hangs out with you, automatically he and Christy would hang out too and get to know each other.

"Yep! He's Jeremy, my classmate." You said your mother formed a 'o' with her mouth while nodding.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N's mother, thank you for helping my daughter." You sweat dropped, your mother made it sound like you've been kidnapped and he saved you or something.

"It's no problem ma'am." Jeremy said, causing your mother to gush at how polite he is.

You looked away from the two and to Christy's house. It was locked and the car was gone. They had gone somewhere, to visit a relative of theirs so you really can't go there and hang out with them.

"You can stay here for a while and have dinner with us!"

'Here we go again...' You sighed when you heard your mother say that to Jeremy.

"If you don't mind having me auntie."

"Of course I don't!"

Your mother and Jeremy should've just been friends. They're already getting along real well, but what can you say, Jeremy is really charming and polite too.

You had no doubt that Christy's parents will love him, and maybe Theo too.

'Polite, Hard-working, Handsome, Independent and Understanding with killer charms. No doubt, he's the ultimate boi.'

And with that, Jeremy moved from your second to first choice of being the best man to be with Christy.

​​​​​​​