"How was your stay in Spain, Keenan?"

After another second of tortuous emptiness, the unfazed brother glanced over at the pair, focusing his gaze on him.

It wasn't like it was a recent stay, Keenan had travelled there almost four months ago. It was old news, but that was how little his brother knew about him.

"Warm," is all he uttered.

"Ah nice," Julian nodded firmly. "Nice indeed."

Leaning back against his chair, Keenan's white beater and pyjama pants combo was a stark contrast to the well-groomed and suited man before him. His lady wore a simple black lounging dress, it hugged her body nicely and had a square neckline, showing her busty chest.

It was hard not to show those assets off, they were always on show.

The small talk had come to a complete halt, prompting him to take action. A determined expression swept across his rugged features as he moistened his lips. "What happened to Papa's study?"

His older brother stiffened, his knee bouncing nervously once again as he searched for the right words to respond. Seizing the opportunity, she decided to unleash her ruthless energy.

"I turned it into my walk-in closet," Jana stated calmly. "Does that bother you?"

Surprisingly, he didn't seem taken aback by her response. Instead, his eyes finally shifted towards her.

His gaze fixated on her, filled with that familiar void of indifference, as if he were peering right through her. It was a look she had grown accustomed to over the years, a chilling coldness that became all too familiar.

"Even if it did bother me, you wouldn't give a fuck anyways."

"Hmm," she feigned concern for his words, tilting her head condescendingly. "I wouldn't, but I can at least pretend to. Does that make you sad? Ju allowing me to remove your father's belongings so that I can play dress-up every morning?"

Julian tensed up, realizing that the conversation was taking a turn for the worse. He cleared his throat. "Speaking of the weather, I heard it's supposed to rain later in the wee—"

"No one cares, Julian," she interjected, forcefully placing her hand against his chest, never breaking eye contact with the stormy gaze.

Unaffected by the couple's exchange, Keenan paid them no mind.

"That's cool with me," he remarked, his voice laced with a touch of pursuit. "But let's not forget that this house belongs to me and Julian. Even when you get our surname, you will never get any ounce of belonging here. Your kind doesn't belong here."

Jana's eyes flashed with a hint of defiance, but she couldn't deny the truth in Keenan's words.

"My kind?," she huffed, her tone begrudgingly conceding. "I guess that refers to me not being French-blooded. Or are you talking about how dark and unsettling you find my skin colour?"

"Did I say any of that or does it sound like your delusional ass is reaching?"

Julian cut in. "Okay, that's enough now. It's going to a place I don't accept and as your King, I demand it stops now."

She crossed her arms, a stubborn expression etching itself onto her face. She snapped her head towards her lover, eyeing him harshly.

"As my King." She repeated, a snooty edge to her words. "What the fuck, Julian?"

The older man shook his head. "Enough, Jana. You want a reaction from anyone today, I can tell what you're trying to do and it won't work. Now let's enjoy breakfast and forget about this."