Tony, as always, came prepared. On the jet, there was food for at least a week. Steve and Natasha were put in charge of dinner and at down they called everyone to join the table. It was definitely not something fancy, even if Tony brought only for himself a whole steak. In just a few moments everyone joined the table, everyone except her.

"Why does he have a steak?" Bucky pointed out, annoyed, as he sat down.

"Because I pay for everything," Tony responded.

Natasha leaned closer to Steve, pointing at the empty spot on his left, questioning why the new girl wasn't there, or better, questioning why Steve was here and not knocking on her door.

"I'll go call her," Steve said, standing up. There was a small scoff from Bucky, who sat right in front of him.

Steve knocked twice on her door but there was no response. "Come to eat,"

"Nope," came the reply.

"You can't starve yourself, come on," Steve responded.

As the door opened, she stood there. Her veil and hood were gone, revealing her long, blonde braid cascading down her back. She wore a black t-shirt and a pair of tight black pants, revealing what was previously hidden.

"Eyes up here, Rogers,"

"So you can call me by my name and yet I still remain in the dark about yours?" he asked with a playful hint of sarcasm in his voice "You've got no choice but to stay here with us for a minimum of thirty-six hours. So, whether you choose to share your name right now, or I'll press you until you can't get a wink of sleep, you will eventually have to spill." He chuckled a light-hearted sound that filled the air.

She looked at him and smiled. It was a fragile smile, a fleeting moment of vulnerability that seemed so out of character for her. It was a stark contrast to the strong, independent woman he had known until now.

Before he realized it, she had moved towards him, gently closing the door behind her with a soft click. She was tall, yet she was still a bit shorter. Their eyes met, hers locking with his in a gaze that held his attention. "My name is Iris," she announced, her voice barely above a whisper.

He was quick to respond, "Nice to formally meet you, Iris," he said, extending his hand towards her in a friendly gesture. At first, he thought he had caught her off guard. But to his surprise, she graciously accepted the handshake, her grip firm and confident.

Entering the common room, Steve realized from everyone's faces that they had never seen her without her face covered. Tony, of course, was scanning her from head to toe. As they took their seats, he noticed Bucky, frozen in place, staring at her.

"So, so very nice to see you in your full splendour," Tony said.

"Stark," she scoffed and she poured herself some water. "Why does he get a steak?"

"Because I pay for everything," Tony repeated.

The meal was tolerable, and thankfully, Natasha took over the conversation with Iris before Tony could cause any further damage.

"So, Iris," Nat began, emphasizing the name and skillfully avoiding any topics related to Hydra, the government, or Iiris's past. "Just a technical question, where do you find the money for everything?"

"People I save,"

"Weren't you saving people in need?" Clint chimed in.

"Yeah, and there's always someone who put those people in that situation and needs to keep their name out of it," she replied, leaning back in her chair and pushing her empty plate away from her.