~4~

A week passes and nothing really changed. My new place wasn't all that happy either. Every once in a while we'll get someone injured and we'll have to fix them.

Some come with small cuts, some came with large wounds, and some came with a loss limb. It was scary at first, but I managed. Mina came and visited a few times and eventually I stopped seeing her cause she wasn't aloud outside if it wasn't for a service with the knights. I helped one woman out as she had a cut above her eye. "There." I whispered as the green aura from my hands healed her. "Thank you. I appreciate you healers help. I don't know what we can do without you all."

"It's no big! I mean I hurt myself all the time. It's alright." I smile and the woman stepped out the tent and I stepped out as well. The camp was always the same. War was happening and Cid never told me what the issue was. All I know from the figure before was something was happening and their brother caused chaos. I wonder if it was that. I also hoped on was on the good edge of the war. "Hey Tori. Do you know if you are going to the front lines?" One of the healers asked. I shrugged, "No. wait- Do you mean like in the war that's going on?!"

"Uh yeah. Most healers have to, many soldiers get injured you know."

"Yeah... but I haven't gotten word about me doing it. So... guess I'll stay here." I said and made my way back into the tent to tidy things up. "Stop trying to avoid it. It's inevitable at this point. What will the king think?"

"The king? What does he have to do with it?"

"He's the one that put you from the slave duty to this, just because you learned healing. Something tells me that he might favor you out of everyone." The healer said with a hand on their hip, "Tori. Just go to the front lines. Help your fellow healers out. You're... I hate to say this.. you heal better than the lot of us. We get worn out. You however go without any hesitation. The only time you get tired is after you clean this ratchet tent." I looked aside, "That's nice... but I don't think I'm better than everyone."

"But you are! I mean you healed at least sixteen soldiers without an once of tiredness in you. You are from another world, but you are definitely a great healer." The healer said with a determination look to their eyes. I smiled, "Thank you... but again don't think me better than anyone else." I said, "I don't wanna feel like I'm blessed with this." I laughed a bit. The healer rolled their eyes and crossed their arms, "So, how do you think the king is in bed?"

"What?!" I gasped and started to laugh, "What are you talking about?"

"I seen you gaze at him whenever we have a meeting. He comes here and does his speech and you are all drool!" The healer laughed and I blushed and hid my face, "You saw?!" The healer nodded, "Pretty sure everyone did."

"Awe man..." I sighed and the healer smiled, "But hey. He's been looking at you too, maybe you'll get lucky. Not many sleep with him."

"You and Cid both say that. I feel like you're dying to see me with him."

"A fair maiden from another world and a king of Waloed is something that are only in tales! This would be an amazing opportunity!" The healer said and smiled, "Plus not a lot of girls get the look that he gives you." I blush as I remember him brushing my hair back, does he really feel the same? "But try not to overdue it. He's the type that like calm women, so be careful."

"I will." I giggle as I start to put up my things. Suddenly there was a sound of a horn. It was one that everyone scrambled around. "Wh-What happened?!"

"Something bad! Come! We might have injured!" The healer said and ran out the tent. I followed behind and sure enough there was a lot of injured. The other healers went to their aid and helped. I also helped and healed many. That's when I looked over my shoulder in shock. The king was one of them. "What?!"