Prolouge

I always loved Final Fantasy.

Only if I played Final Fantasy 15, I still wanted to try the previous games even though I couldn't. I had a consol and it was an Xbox... yeah judge me for it... it's cheap and yeah. Anyway- I loved the characters and their stories, Final Fantasy type-0 was pretty amazing and I got emotional at it's ending... so when they announced that the newest Final Fantasy was about to come out, I was hype about it.

I looked at the main character and fell in love with him, wondering how he'll be. Again, I wanted to play but couldn't based on the consol it's supposed to be on. So I watched cutscenes and stuff. Even if it's backseat gaming, I wanted to wait to buy a PlayStation, providing for me comes first as well as providing for my cat as well...

Besides that start up... something weird has been happening... Right before I go to bed, I hear someone. It's in another language and I cannot understand them. It's like.. they are trying to call for me. I don't know what it is. I tried telling myself friend and family, they told me it was because of work or lack of sleep. But nothing has changed my schedule of my sleep or work. So it must be something else, I tried not to press the people who are near, I chatted a bit with my coworkers and they said it was a ghost.

So tonight I did my usual, eat, get ready for bed, play some games for a while, and went to sleep. Then I hear whispers. My eyes shoot open and there's a dark figure in my face, I panicked and my body slung back. I couldn't move and was terrified. My cat however was fast asleep. I didn't want to know why, I wanted to know who this was and how they got into my apartment.

"Who... who are you?" I ask and narrow my eyes cause of my terrible eyesight. The figure didn't move from its spot but it spoke in a whisper still, "Ash... huaaa... sa... etha..." My eyebrow raised as the fear in voice came out in a tremble, "I don't understand..." They suddenly stopped and slowly pointed it's index finger at me. "ou." I started to figure out what they were saying, "Me? What about me?"

The figure then put its hand down and speak, "Come." It's voice suddenly boomed which made me jump. "No... why are you in my house?!" I yelled afterwards, I didn't have any weapons and I didn't know any fighting styles. The figure let out a loud sigh, "No choice." It said before it held out its other hand and out of nowhere a large puddle appeared. I looked down at where he stood and saw what seemed to be a magical thing on the floor. I scratched my eyes, surly I was dreaming, surly I was seeing something that wasn't there! I mean- my cat is still fucking sleep and didn't wake from that! He would have darted by now!

"I'm dreaming..." I laughed a bit, "It's just a weird dream and I need to go to bed-"

"NO." The figure yelled and I snapped my eyes to look at the figure again, "You. Come." I glanced over to my glasses, I slowly reached for them and the figure let me. After I put them on my vision went clear. It was a person no less but they were white, looking black in the darkness around. "Why should I leave my home? Why should I trust you?" The person let out another annoyed sigh, "My world... Is in pain... My brother... Caused it."

I shook my head, "I cannot help you. I'm not that person. I'm just a regular human. You mistook me for someone else." The figure held up his finger again, "No. You are."

"Huh?" I was shook from this. But again maybe I am just dreaming. This is a weird dream. "You are a holder. I have created something inside of you that you never knew of. It's potential."

"What are you saying?" My head was raining with questions at this point, what did this person mean they put something of me? Was this... "Are you god?" The figure gently smiled as its white hair brushed out their face, "I am. But so is my brother. I can do things he can't and he can do things I cannot do. So... I try my best. I am not as powerful as he, but I will do my best to stop him." He said with his icey eyes hardening. My stomach sank. I didn't know he had a brother... but... at the same time I didn't know what god would look like. "What... what do you want from me?" I asked, many bible studies didn't prepare me for this.

The figure looked down into the magical puddle, "Come to my world. Seek your calling, make allies, and help me. You are the only one who can do this task."

"But... how? Why me?" I ask and the figure continues to gaze into the puddle. "Easy. Find allies." It said and turned to me. I cringed a bit, "Yeah... I'm not exactly good with that..." I muttered with my head low, "What is this place that you're taking me to?"

"My world. Valisthea. Hurry not a moment too late." It said and gestured to the bright light that the circle made. I looked and saw what seemed to be a map as well as a small blue dot in the middle. "What's... that?" I pointed to the dot in the middle. The figure fidgets a little, "That's the life crystal, that's what I want you to save."

"Is that... what keeps your world alive?" The figure hums, "We need to act fast. No more questions." The figure said and pointed to the floor. My stomach grew bubbly with nervousness and I slowly slid off the bed. My cat poked its head up and looked at me, finally waking up. I looked at him sadly, "I'll be back. Just have to... do something." I whispered at him as I looked back at the figure who was now gone. I shook my head as I walked to the puddle staring down at it, seeing the land masses,  the ocean, and then the dot. The source of that world.

I can't believe this was happening. My head turned to my cat again, his golden eyes staring with curiosity. "Baby... if I do not return... be nice to your mimi and papi... don't be an asshole, ok?" I said, "Do it for me please?" I spoke as if he did understand me but I know he wouldn't, but I also knew he knew I was deep in something and if I did die somehow that he won't forget me. I turn back to the puddle and let out a large sigh, Please God. Let me wake from this dream...