Splendor x In Heat Gender Neutral Reader

Start from the beginning

"I thought Splendor was supposed to take care of it!" Offender cries, setting the tea on my nightstand.

"Work emergency," You mumble, another shudder going through your body.

Why were you so cold all of a sudden? When was the last time you even ate? For what felt like the hundredth time that day you double over and get sick in the trash can, nothing but bile coming up and irritating your already sore throat. You were so focused on being alone in your heat you forgot you went into it with a bug.

"Jesus you're on fire. I need to call Doctor Smiley," Offender breathes after checking your temperature.

"No....I'm too cold to be burning up," You mumble. "Just need more blankets."

You try to get out of bed but find you're way too weak to even stand up. Offender helps you back into bed and you're thankful you had remembered to throw on a oversized shirt. Part of you hurts as Offender helps you through your day until Doctor Smiley can come. Offender grows more worried when you mention seeing things. Your fever felt like it was only rising! Oh how he wanted to murder his little brother.

"We need to get them back to the infirmary in Slender's mansion. If we don't they won't make it through the night," Doctor Smiley explains.

"I'll be fine!" You mumble, your words a bit slurred from your fever. "Just gotta sleep it off."

"I got them," Offender says, scooping you into his arms and teleporting the three of you to Slender's mansion.

You don't really register much as you feel too lightheaded to move around much. You grunt softly from the sting of a needle enters your arm but you're too tired and dazed to really register it being there.

"Cold!" You gasp when a cold rag is placed on your forehead.

You move to take it off but you keep getting stopped so you give up eventually. You're not sure when it happens but eventually you fall asleep.

~~~~

"Y/N! I'm home!" Splendor chirps when he arrives in the mansion.

He frowns when he gets no response surprised at the mess in the kitchen you had left. You never did that! He hurries up to the bedroom and guilt overwhelms him. There's toys everywhere. He collects them and places them back in their special box before hiding it. He searches the rest of the mansion but you're nowhere to be seen. He hopes you're at Slender's mansion so he goes there first.

"Brother! Everyone! Have you seen Y/N?!" He cries as soon as he enters, shrinking back slightly from everyone's glare. "Is something wrong?"

"Y/N is in the infirmary. She's no longer in critical condition," Jane growls at him when she passes by.

Splendor gulps and hurries away from all of the angry looks to find you. He pauses when he hears your voice and his brother's, pressing against the wall and listening.

"Y/N, you may want to reconsider Splendor being your mate. What if he does this again?" Offender presses. "You could have died."

"I just wasn't prepared with being sick otherwise it would have been a walk in the park," She says, her voice rough and gravely. "It's been three days. Any news from Splendor?"

"Sorry Y/N. None of us has heard a word," Offended admits.

"Y-Y/N," Splendor stammers out when he makes himself known.

"Splendor!" You cheer, happy tears coming to your eyes as you hold out your arms. "How was work?"

"I'm sorry it took three days but everything is fine now. We may have three siblings to look after though," Splendor laughs out. "Hope you don't mind."

"Not at all," You tell him as he hugs you.

You cling to him tight and bury yourself into his chest, relief flooding through you from finally having Splendor.

"What happened?" He asks, grunting when Offender lightly smacks the back of his head.

"They ended up with strep and some kind of stomach bug. They exhausted themselves through the heat their body couldn't keep up. They got a high fever that was frying their brain and they hadn't eaten out of distraction even when they occupied themselves with baking," Offender explains.

Splendor feels even more guilty as he pulls away from Y/N and moves to hold your hand.

"I'm so sorry Y/N," He breathes, tears flowing down his cheeks. "Could you ever forgive me?"

"We can plan ahead," You tell him. "I'll mark the dates of my cycle and you have to be free that week no matter what."

"Deal!" Splendor promises giving you a kiss.

You seek out his lips in a hungry way, biting at his bottom lip to encourage him to just shove that tongue down your throat. He gets the hint and you moan at the way it overtakes you. You gasp for breath when you both pull away, feeling heat build between your legs. You couldn't have s different mate no matter what Offender says. Splendor was everything you needed and wanted. You're both going to make mistakes but you'd always work through it. That's what you loved about Splendor. He was working through with you. You two are flourishing together so you're not mad.

Annoyed maybe and you might be petty a few days to Splendor but that's about as far as it goes. You did notice Splendor flinch when you felt his arm. He got hurt saving those kids. That's your Splendor for you. Always sacrificing himself for others. It must have been a pretty bad case for them to be living with you and Splendor, so you could forgive him. You'd rather he save the kids from danger than help you with your heat. Besides! You had made it work even if an illness brought you down. Things were okay now. Splendor was home and you could go home soon too. You were just ready to cuddle with your big dork of a mate.

"I love you," You tell him when he's sitting again.

"I love you too," He tells you with a smile.