Yandere Slender Brothers x Female Neko Reader

Running. That's what you've been doing your entire life and you have no idea why. Your parents would never tell you why you have to run, just that you do. Hopping around from town to town every few months is exhausting and it makes it impossible to make any friends, let alone find your mate. Your fellow nekos that you've met during your travels are all finding their mates while you're left alone and wondering if you'll ever find yours. You're finally eighteen, which means you can legally leave on your own. You can finally find a place to settle down and maybe even find who your mate is.

"Y/N, we need to talk," Your mother calls after knocking on your door.

"Coming!" You call back, looking around your room.

It has very minimal decorations and most of everything is still in boxes, ready to be loaded into the truck and carted off wherever your parents go next. A sigh leaves you before you leave your room and head into the living room, both your parents looking anxious as they sit on the couch. You go over to your chair and sit down facing them. Your ears flatten on your head as you wait for whatever bad news they have this time. You wrap your tail around your waist to comfort yourself at least a little. You're all probably moving again.

"It's time we tell you why we've moved you so often," You father is the first to speak up, your ears shooting up to stand at attention. "Y/N, we know your mates."

"Mates? As in plural?" You ask in confusion.

"Yes, plural," Your mother tells you.

"Okay.....How does that explain our moving?" You ask them.

"Your mates aren't good creatures Y/N. They're dangerous and murder people. We've been trying to keep you safe and away from them. You need to be careful. You're allowed your own decisions now but whatever you do, never go into the woods alone," Your father tells you. "They're not creatures you want to meet."

"Please understand. We've only been trying to keep you safe. I can only imagine how horrible they are to be with. Likely abusive," You mother explains. "Just don't mess with them. They manage to find us every few months hence the moving. Please, Y/N. Promise you won't ever go near them!"

You frown at their words, your hands bunching into fists in your lap. What do you do? Listen to your parents and forever run from a threat you don't even know is a threat!

"Who are they?" You ask them firmly.

"The Slenderman brothers," They both hiss together.

You're not stupid. You know about those four but they pretty much only attacked humans. As long as you pose no threat to them they'll leave you alone! Still, they are very capable of murder and torture which doesn't bode well for you. Would they really be abusive? Part of you doesn't think so. Are you really going to try and give them a chance when they can easily murder you and all you love?

"I'll be careful," You promise them, giving a gentle smile. "I'm going out. I'll see you guys later."

"We love you," Your mother tells you. "Go have fun. You have nothing to worry about for a little while."

"We just want you safe," Your father tells you.

"Sure thing. Love you guys," You say, grabbing your bag before leaving the apartment.

You're not really sure how you make it to your car without hurting yourself in your distraction, but somehow you do. You start the engine before just stopping with your hands on the steering wheel. What are you supposed to do? Part of you wants to see where things would go but it's also extremely dangerous. It could very well cost you your life. You shake the thoughts from your head and throw the car in reverse, backing out of the spot your car is in and just heading out for a drive. You have no real destination in mind but something seems to pull you in a direction you're not supposed to go.