7.

When she arrived, there were already crackling flames in the sky, it was slowly getting darker, and the first mosquitoes came. Nita missed the garden gnomes that kept the mosquitoes away and she missed Bruce who was also quite fond of snapping at mosquitoes. She carefully unpacked the dough, kneaded it once through her hands, put it on a skewer and leaned it against the fire bowl. She simply threw the packaging into the fire.

"Nita!" someone shouted from further behind. At first, she thought it was her brother, but the voice belonged to Penny. She sat with Jessie and Meg on one of the logs that formed a large semicircle around the fire and nibbled on a candy bar.

"May you eat that?" she asked, holding out another one.

Nita took it, turned it over, scanned the ingredients list and handed it back to Penny, shaking her head. "No, unfortunately not either."

"Oh man, sorry! But wait, I'll find something else!" Penny replied embarrassed, while Jessie scooted closer to her and took the bolt from her hand. "Where can you see that, Nita?"

Nita showed her the word, she could pronounce it, but she didn't always succeed. Sometimes she just couldn't think of it, like certain other words, and sometimes she mixed up words in the sentence or spontaneously forgot how to form certain cases. She was ashamed of that, but on the other hand, she was sure that many others didn't even know that word. She wasn't stupid, just a little...

"HEY!"

Alarmend, the girls spun around, and all the other heads also turned to the boy who had just yelled: Leon.

"What do you think you're doing?!" he snapped at a girl. "This is not your bread, wait until yours is ready!"

"Leon!" Madame Rosa snapped at him, but then seemed to quickly understand what it was about, as did Nita. She quickly ran to her dough, which was now fully roasted and took it from Leon while several discussions broke out around her.

"And you better watch out more carefuly. You know your stuff gets done quicker and we've got a hungry pack of pissers here!"

"Leon!" Madame Rosa was outraged again, and Nita preferred to quickly remove herself from the scene, sit back with her hut mates and eat.