[ part 1 ]

Sami sat on the faded bench at the playground, sipping her hot latte. It was the beginning of October. Her son wanted a playdate with his friend Jacob, and they were waiting on them to arrive. They had gotten there an hour before the date was to start just so she could catch her breath and let DJ get some energy out. It had been a very long year with so many twists and turns. She just wanted to relax. They were the only ones there at that point in time. She watched her child run and bounce around on the equipment. It was a nice fall overcasted day. The weather had been a bit cooler than it normally had been. Sami heard rustling being her.

"You must be Sami..." A masculine voice can't from behind her.

She turned around to see a tall, handsome redheaded man smiling and walking with Jacob towards her. She stood and smiled, reaching her hand out to shake his.

"You must be Jacob's daddy?" She smiled back.
"Yes ma'am. I'm Hunter. His mama had to leave town for a bit for family stuff out of state. I hope you don't mind." His bright eyes sparkled when they fell upon her face.
"Oh absolutely! I'm just glad he's got someone to play with." She smiled and looked at Jacob. "I think he's on the swings over there."

Jacob grinned and scampered away as Hunter and Sami took a seat beside one another. The connection between them was already turning up, and they both felt it. Sami bit her lip and looked at him.

"Thank you for bringing him out today. It's a little chilly, but it's nice." She rambled on.
"Yeah, no problem. It's just me and him this week." He replied looking in the direction of the kids and back at her. His gaze fell on her lips and then her eyes.

The conversation stayed pretty steady between them. Occasionally, Sami would check her phone and giggle a little. Hunter noticed and leaned over her shoulder jokingly.

"What's so funny?" He smiled and said lowly in her ear.
"Oh. I run an adult meme page on Facebook..." She blushed a little.

Hunter found this cute. Her cheeks were rosy and lit up as she laughed. It matched her emerald green eyes that darted towards him as she looked at him. He decided to test the waters here.

"Adult meme page?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, you know those trashy and raunchy memes you see on Facebook a lot? I run a page dedicated solely to them." She laughed.
"Yeah, I love them. My kind of people." He stated with a grin.
"Oh yeah? I see why we get along then." She was still blushing as she laughed.
"Mmm hmm, we do. What's your favorite one of the day at far?" He asked leaning in a little more to her.

She could smell his intoxicating cologne as her eyes met his. She inhaled and gave a nervous grin. He half smiled at her as she stared at him. She shifted as she could feel the attraction to this man grow and the wetness between her legs heat up. It had been a REALLY long time since anyone looked in her direction. Things got a bit quiet between them after that. They both kind of stared at each other for a few minutes. He found her intriguing and sexy. Even though he knew better, he still wanted to know more....and do more. Ever since he laid eyes on her, something was drawing him in about her. She finally broke their gaze and proceeded to show him a couple of memes. He laughed at a few of them, but some were so steamy that she almost jerked the phone away. They spent the next hour talking and getting to know each other little better. As time drew near leaving, he asked her for her number so they could set up another playdate for the boys. She happily gave it to him. They called the boys into say their goodbyes, and they walked to their vehicles. Hunter never took his eyes off her ass. She could feel his gaze on her and made sure she put a little rhythm to her stride. Hunter started to say she's but Jacob interrupted saying he was hungry.

Sami unlocked the car and DJ got nestled into his seat with his seat belt. She went to start the car, and it cranked but made an awful sound, something popped, and all her dash lights came on.

"What the fuck?" She mumbled, confused.

She heard a tapping on her window. Hunter stood looking concerned. She opened her door.

"I don't know what that was. It's never made a racket like that before." She said frantically. She popped the hood.

Upon further inspection, it was determined that the belt in her car had ripped to shreds. Tears started to form behind her glasses as she tried to hide them. Hunter noticed.

"I can fix this. It's an easy fix. I work on cars also. Let me get it towed to the house and you can ride with us there. I have a shop in my backyard and will have you up and going in no time." He reassured her even though he could see tears streaming out of her eyes.

She sniffled and quickly wiped them away to look at him.

"I cannot ask you to do that. I can't pay you anything right now. It's been very tough and..." She stammered on. He shushed her and smiled.
"I promise we can work something out. Come on it looks like it's about to rain, and I don't want you or DJ getting sick." He said ushering her to the truck and helping DJ with his seat.