18 ♡ cherry lips

Start from the beginning

The lightning user pumped his fist into the air. "It's not a quiz! And picking out hero names is gonna be dope!"

It would've been an understatement to say that everyone was excited. Aizawa sighed, waited for the class to settle down, then directed your attention towards the board. It was a list of the students who'd obtained the most nominations from pro heroes. Shouto was first, with a whopping four thousand plus nominations, and Katsuki was a close second.

"Damn, it's so practically black and white!"

"It isn't balanced at all..."

You were a little surprised to find your own name on the board, though it was close to the bottom. Actually, the fact that you'd received any nominations was kind of a shock. Even with all the people watching, you were sure everyone must've been more than confused watching you use your powers. You'd even kissed someone in front of an entire audience. Pros or not, most people probably didn't want to enlist some seemingly promiscuous girl whose powers were still a mystery.

I wonder who nominated me... and why didn't Izuku-kun get any votes at all? He put up such a good fight.

Apparently, regardless of whether or not you'd received any nominations, U.A would still be ensuring that all of the Hero Course students would be receiving some form of workplace experience, though having options was certainly preferable.

At this point, Aizawa was stepping down from the front to allow Midnight to take over. It was time to decide on your hero names.

"Froppy", "Red Riot", "Tsukuyomi".

These were just a few of the names your classmates had come up with. Ironically, the most memorable of the bunch was "King of Explodo-kills", though Katsuki was quickly shut down for that one (but not before you proceeded to tease him endlessly about it). Izuku had decided to embrace the name his former childhood friend had used as an insult for years and decided to find a new meaning within it. You were almost up, and even though there was a clear image in your mind, you still had doubts.

Aphrodite.

You wondered if it was really okay to use that as your hero name. You weren't a goddess yourself, just a descendant. Maybe it was overly pretentious to imagine yourself as such, and maybe you should've been trying to search for a different path, not imitate her. Still, after your meeting the other day, you felt a sense of pride within your heart. Right. It's not like you were trying to imitate her. It was okay to use that name as a symbol; a reminder of what kind of person you aspired to be. Powerful but kind, loving and benevolent.

"Oh, what an interesting choice!" Midnight praised, watching as you flipped your whiteboard over. "Your hero name is making reference to the Goddess of Love from Greek mythology, correct?"

You nodded. "Yeah. I thought it might tie in nicely with the type of powers I have. I guess I want my hero name to leave a lasting impression on others, while bringing them comfort as well."

"I think it's a lovely choice. It suits you!"

Suits me, huh?

You accepted the praises of your classmates with a modest smile. You weren't imitating her. She'd even said it herself-that you were an admirable, genuine person. You would do your very best to uphold that image. You'd be someone worthy of this title.

*****

You were thankful for your lunch break. After meeting Aphrodite yesterday and now with internships just around the corner, you had a lot to think about. Based on the numbers alone, it didn't sound like you had that many options, but you supposed you should be happy to have even been nominated at all. Maybe you'd really like one of the offers you'd gotten.