Late Night Calls ☁️

(This story will be a shorter one, sorry for that! I am actually currently working on two other long stories at the moment for this oneshot book. Well, like, for me right now. For you, I'm probably already done those stories. Anyways, this is another story with the two already dating, sorry for any inconveniences! Also, let's just say they have their own houses, and that Tim doesn't need to sleep in a barrack(s) with other guys :D)

Third Person POV

Tim hadn't been able to sleep very well tonight, for some unknown reason. He could only lay awake in bed, with nothing to do. He was quite glad and happy with his new relationship with his commander, now dating the other man, and sometimes he wanted to just shower Commander with all the love and affection he could muster. But Tim knew it would be much nicer to only show said feelings when it was appropriate, but tonight, he felt a bit impulsive.

He rolled onto his side instead now, looking at his bedside table. Tim lightly and quietly sighed, before propping himself up on his comfortable bed with his elbows and reaching over to grab his phone, which was flat on the bedside table. 

A small giggle left his mouth as he opened his contacts app, gently tapping the star with the word 'favourites' on his screen. It showed two or three different contacts, but Tim tapped the one on the top labeled 'Dear <3', which was Commander. He pressed the 'call' button and waited for his darling to pick up, despite it being around one in the morning. 

Meanwhile, with Commander...

Commander had been getting some sleep, sleeping quite peacefully for once. It was unapparent, what Commander was dreaming of, or if the man was even dreaming in the first place, but he seemed to be quite content, his facial expression actually fully relaxed for once.

The sound of his phone calling, which was on, if not near, max volume, startled Commander awake. His eyes were wide and his heart was beating very quickly, as he had thought someone might have been breaking into his house for a second, and he had to take a moment to find his phone. His phone was in one of his pockets, still ringing. 

He sighed rather audibly and took the device out of his pants pocket and groggily checked who was calling him at the ungodly hour. 

His eyes slightly narrowed as he saw that it was his boyfriend, Tim, the other's profile picture of a selfie of himself bringing a small smile to Commander's face, before he was brought back to reality, the phone vibrating in his hand. He felt tempted to ignore the call, but he sighed once more and answered, putting the phone to his ear.

With Tim...

Tim was rather overjoyed that Commander answered his call, despite it being very, very early in the morning. 

"Hi, Oswald!" Tim said, his voice being soft and sweet, but also quite energetic for such an hour. A huff-like exhale of a breathe could be heard from the other end of the call, before his boyfriend spoke.

"Tim, it's one in the morning," Commander just said, holding back the slight urge to use some inappropriate language, not that Tim would mind, but just because. He sounded tired and a tad bit annoyed, but Tim knew Commander wouldn't be able to stay annoyed for long, at least.

"I know, I know, sorry about that, but guess what?" Tim said, rolling so that his stomach was now on his bed, and his elbows and forearms propped most of his upper body up a bit. His legs were slightly kicking back and forth, in a way a one of those typical Japanese schoolgirls in those anime books would. 

"Hmm? What is it?"

A small and slightly stifled giggle came from Tim, his grin growing larger a tad bit, before he whispered into his phone, his voice soft and low, but also keeping its sweetness.

"I love you!" Tim just said, before his cheeks flushed a tiny bit red, but his smile kept on his face, despite Commander being unable to see it at the moment. If it wasn't for the two having feelings for one another, Tim probably would have gotten a scold for waking his commander up at one just to talk to him, but this was now a different case. Commander's end of the line was quiet for a few seconds, before a small yawn could be heard, before the taller man spoke once more.

"I love you too... now please, go to bed and let me sleep," Commander said, the last part holding a somewhat joking tone, even though he did indeed want to sleep, being very tired. Tim, on his end of the line, nodded, even though his boyfriend was physically unable to see said nod, but he spoke into his phone once more.

"Okay, then. Goodnight, Ozzy!"

-Click-

Thank you for reading! (That '-click-' was basically meaning that Tim hung up after saying that, if that wasn't clear. Sorry about that!)

854 words (I told you it was short, sorry for that! I'll be sure to make longer stories soon!)