Been the lucky one

Comincia dall'inizio

Image?

I remove my hand from hers and face the doctor who's giving me sympathetic looks.

"Tell me. You're not fine, Trina. You're so weak and any mistake can make you lose your baby. Anything."

A sick feeling claws at my stomach. No, I can't lose my baby.

I sigh, "it's nothing serious, I'm just facing some challenges at the company. That's all."

"I suggest you stop going for work for now, until I tell you to."

She can't be serious... Right?

I shake my head, "it's fine, I just started and now I can't. First let me sort out the issues then I'll take a break."

"Then stop thinking too much." She suggests as she walks out of the house.

I look over at Dad who only nod his head and walk out of the house followed by his wife.

I have to make sure I stay strong and don't stress myself for the precious life inside me.

~~~~

"You should leave everything to me then, Trina." Kelvin speaks with a worried expression.

"I can't Kelvin, Samantha won't stop and I have to make sure she sells her shares so that I can finally be at peace, even when I'm not here."

It's already lunch hour and I can't stop thinking about what the doctor told me.

My hand move to my tummy and a small comforting smile forms on my lips.

"Aw I see. Don't you think the baby's Dad is supposed to know-" Kelvin starts to say but I cut him.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Yes I know but-"

"You shouldn't be concerned about that, I'm done."

Why am I angry at Kelvin for no reason?

Sighing, Kelvin collects his stuff before walking out of the office.

Kelvin was just trying to help? I guess, but I got irritated.

I mean, yes Joshua should know about everything but I can't face him now. No.

Not after how he made it clear that he was just helping me that night.

I mean who gives help that way?

"Am I come in ma'am?" I hear Samantha's voice.

Rolling her eyes, she steps in and sits on the chair across mine.

"I came to talk to you Linda."

Linda?

"No not Linda, what's your name again?" She shuts her eyes closed as if thinking. "Yes! It's Lisa."

"What would you like to talk about?" I ask with the most fake smile ever.

"It's either you buy the shares I own or I become the President of this company."

Excuse her?

"How much do you want Samantha?"

"Like I said before, I don't want your money. If I want money, I can just demand from my Dad and get from Adrian.''

Stupid brat.

"then what?"

"Have you forgotten already? Look Darling, break up with Joshua and you'll have your worthless shares back."

I can't help myself but laugh. Hard.

How I wish she knew about my current situation. If only.

I'm sorry Joshua, but right you don't even want to know how I'm doing and for that, I'm going to use your name just to get back my shares.