Suddenly, our father speaks up for the first time since Rico and I had walked into the room. And from Rudy's slightly shocked expression, since he had opened the door. "Why did you run? Why did you try and hide?"

Okay then. Straight to business I suppose.

I turn to my twins to see them already looking me. First, I look to Rico, silently asking him if I can tell them that we weren't really hiding. He instantly nods his head. Then, I look to Rudy and do the same. He shakes his head no. I raise my eyebrow telling him to think again. He seems to contemplate it for a few seconds before slowly nodding his head. 

I turn to look at our new 'family' to see them watching and studying the interaction. 

"To answer your first question, we ran because we didn't know what to do. We thought that given that when they told us that we had family, we knew we had an hour head start, so why not use it? Your second question, we didn't hide from you." I don't elaborate on my answer because I don't know how much I want them to know.

But of course, it didn't work out like that for me.

"Elaborate. Because it sure did look like you were hiding." He says a bit more sternly.

I lean back in my chair and relax a bit. "Simple, really. It is in the basic necessities of finding someone. The police had our license plates, so you tracked them to Los Angeles. Then you found the bikes were ditched in the ally-way, so you decided to check the city cameras. There, you saw that every single street we walked down had cameras who showed you where we were." I end with a little shrug. "It did take you a lot longer to find us than I thought it would take you. I got bored just sitting here."

Both of the men look completely baffled by my response to their question.

"How did you know we would go looking for you?" This time, Alessandro asked the question. He seems to just want to know how my brain works, maybe he is just simply testing my intelligence level. 

"I didn't. It was kind of a test. If you went through the lengths of trying to find us yourselves, then we would go with you. No gripe and no problems. However, if you would have hired someone to find us than I would have made sure you couldn't find us." I pause wondering if I truly want to scare them at all. "Plus, we know who you are." I mention nonchalantly, but that sentence causes both of the men to stiffen up.

Alessandro now talks calmly and cautiously. "And who, do tell, are we?"

I smirk on the inside because my plan worked wonderfully, and it was hilarious. "Famous businessmen...?" I question like it is obvious, but also confused that he was even asking the question. I immediately see both of them take sighs of relief.

They don't want us to know...

Interesting...

"Alright since you guys seem to have a lot of questions, let's do rapid fire. You ask questions, I answer quickly. But I also have the chance to skip them. Deal?" I propose as I play with a now sleeping Rico's hair because he laid his head in my lap.

"Alright." My 'father' said while Alessandro nods his head in agreement.

"Where did you get all the money for those bikes and the houses?"

"Skip." I say because I am not telling them about Arlo.

"How do you know so much about tracking people down?"

"Old job." I shrug. Not a lie.

"Where did you learn how to ride your motorcycles?"

I debate answering this in my head, apparently too long because Rudy speaks up before I can say anything. "We have some friends." Not a lie.