Or the bolt of electricity that shot down your spine when he had looked at you like that, making you warm all over.

What the hell was he playing at? He looked at other girls like this. Not you. He never flirted with you.

You opened your mouth to say something you hoped would be causal and witty, but before you had a chance, someone was pressing a light palm against your back. 

"Hey," came the deep, ringing tone that you would recognise anywhere. You turned to find Taehyung, in nothing but his swim shorts and a pair of aviators, his dark brown hair damp and tousled. Your heart did a tiny flip.

"Hi," you blushed, clutching your cup harder. Even in the few short days you'll be in Thailand, his skin had turned a gorgeous walnut brown, and it took all of your willpower not to think about licking it right now.

Namjoon clicked his tongue as you gazed at Taehyung, and he gazed back, before finally he turned on his heel. "I'm going to find Jin and Jimin," he stated, and then he was gone.

Taehyung only now seemed to snap out of it and turn to watch Namjoon go, a knowing smirk on his face. 

"I probably wouldn't go searching for those two," Taehyung admitted with a sigh. "God knows what the pair of them are up to in a dark room somewhere."

Your eyes went wide. "Huh? Jimin and... and Jin?"

It seemed highly unlikely - they were so different, after all - but Taehyung was smiling and nodding. 

"Damn," you whispered, glancing around now and spotting Yoongi and Jungkook, arms around each other at the bar. "Are all of my friends just gay for each other?"

"Well, no," Taehyung's boxy grin grew even wider, looking down at the floor before his amber eyes found yours, gazing up through long lashes. "I'm not."

"Oh," was all you could say softly, though you knew a smile was growing on your face. "Well, that's... good."

Taehyung simply smiled back at your pathetic response. He looked even more knowing than ever. 

It had been strange, interacting with him for the last few days. He had sat with you on the plane, and you'd chatted casually; you found out that he was going to pursue acting after university too, hoping to land a role in a K-drama. But it was hard to focus on his words when he kept staring at you like that.

It was like something had changed all of a sudden since he greeted you in the airport; like he was finally seeing you in a different light for the first time.

You had always worried that, as one of the few girls in your friendship group, Taehyung merely saw you as an easy lay. But glancing around the pool party now, you could spot a variety of women, all beautiful, and all trying to steal surreptitious glances of Taehyung when they thought he wasn't looking. 

He could have his pick of any of them - and, it seemed (you hoped) - he wanted you. 

Something about this new power sent a tingling sensation right down your spine. You couldn't help thinking though, that part of that was to do with how Namjoon had spoken to you earlier.

"C'mon," Taehyung was saying now, slipping a warm palm into yours and pulling you away from the poolside. "Your drink's finished, I'll get you another one."

One more drink turned into three more drinks for both of you, and before you knew it Taehyung was pulling you into the mass of bodies to the side of the pool, dancing and swaying to the pulsing music. You settled into his waiting embrace happily, feeling very much like a woman triumphant, having snared your biggest crush at last.

Taehyung's large hands went to your waist, energy zapping inside you. It was thrilling and terrifying all at once. The bodies began to blur around you, and you reached for Taehyung's shoulders, steadying yourself there. He grinned at this, sliding your hands further up to link around his neck. 

Before you could so much as gain your bearings, his mouth was on yours.

He tasted like tropical fruit and warmth, and you let out a soft sigh at it, the alcohol and the lust pumping through your veins. You weren't sure if you should be doing this while you were so tipsy - you weren't blackout drunk, but you definitely weren't sober - but then one of Taehuyung's hands was cupping your cheek, pulling you back in, and you forgot everything except how unbelievable he felt against you.

The world spun, the kiss making you dizzy as Taehyung slipped his hand into yours, a wry grin on his face when he pulled away and buried his lips into your neck.

"Let's go upstairs," he murmured into your ear, his breath warm and sweet, just as tipsy as you were, as he pulled you along the poolside back up to the hotel, and you could think of nothing else to do but to follow him. 

This is happening, you had to repeat to yourself, hardly able to believe it. Finally, this is happening.

The last thing you saw at the party was Namjoon, gazing at you with an unreadable expression across the pool, before you forgot about everything except Taehyung and his warm, magical mouth.

-- ★ --