"Dear Cassi," Noctua began, her soft and melodious voice echoing through the room. "The story surrounding Sirius Black is extremely complicated. It is true that he was accused of siding with Voldemort during the war and betraying James Potter, his best friend, which resulted in the tragic death of Harry's parents."

Cassi looked at her mother, her eyes wide with disbelief. She couldn't fathom that her uncle could have been capable of such terrible acts. "But, mother... Could Sirius really have done something like that?"

Noctua smiled sadly, understanding her daughter's doubts and confusion. "Dear, I also have my doubts about the accusations against Sirius. I knew him during my years at Hogwarts, and I can say that he had a noble and loyal heart. The friendship between Sirius and James was strong like few others, and it's hard to imagine him betraying that bond."

Cassi nodded, a glimmer of hope appearing in her eyes. "So, mother, do you believe there's more to the story than we know?"

Noctua nodded slowly, her expression mysterious, adding an air of intrigue to the conversation. "Yes, my dear. I believe there is more than we know. And that's why we shouldn't make hasty judgments. There is more to be uncovered, and that's what we should focus on."

⁀➷,

Diagonal Alley

Cassi went to Diagon Alley in search of supplies for the start of the school year. Her mother would be returning to Brazil soon, and Cassiopeia would no longer have Trovão to send her letters to.

She entered the Magical Managerie shop in search of supplies for Morgus, as he was a venomous snake, requiring more care than Seraphina, who was a 'Boa' type. But Cassi suddenly accidentally bumped into Hermione, who was holding something fluffy.

She approached Hermione to get a better look, and to her surprise, the furball Hermione was holding turned out to be a huge orange cat. Hermione had an expression of adoration and was gushing about how beautiful he was in a cute voice.

"How adorable, is he yours?" Cassi asked, amused, observing Hermione's affection for the feline.

"CASSI!" Hermione exclaimed excitedly, not letting go of the cat for a moment and enveloping her friend in a tight hug. Happiness overflowed in Hermione's eyes as she couldn't contain her excitement.

"Not yet, but isn't he just precious?" Hermione asked, her eyes sparkling with passion for the cat. Cassi observed the enchantment in her friend's eyes, conveying all the love she felt for the feline. The cat's fur was thick and fluffy, but he definitely had bowed legs and a grumpy face. Cassi decided that yes, he was adorable in his own peculiar way.

While Cassi and Hermione admired the cat, a slightly breathless witch approached them. It seemed like she was running from somewhere.

"I'm sorry, Crookshanks usually likes to stir up trouble," the witch explained, casting a worried glance at the cat.

Hermione vehemently defended her new friend. "Don't worry, he's behaving. He just has a strong personality."

The witch let out a sigh of relief. "This poor creature has been in the shop for years, no one wanted him. He's quite a peculiar cat, but he has a lovely heart."

Cassi looked at Hermione and instantly knew what she needed to do. She was determined to give a loving home to the cat who had been rejected for so long.

"Well, we'll take him. How much do I owe?" Cassi said promptly, opening her bag to present her friend with the cat as a gift.

Hermione's jaw dropped, surprised by Cassi's generous gesture.