CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Start from the beginning

We stood there waiting for the door to be opened. What felt like hours were just minutes and there was no answer. Not even a movement was heard in the house. That was scaring me just a bit.

  "We should come back tomorrow." I say as she goes to reach for the 6th knock.

She shook her head before knocking once more and then turning to face me.

  "She could be in there. If anything, she could be passed out on the floor. We don't know anything and with her not answering her phone and no one in sight to even open the fucking door? I don't think that's a good sign. Besides, you deserve to know the truth whether we have to wait until she gets back or not." Alona said,

Alona then reached down and looked under the mat to find a key. Luck was on my side, and I was glad that I brought Alona with me. She was always the smart one out of us both.

She unlocked the door and we walked inside to see the house was empty. I mean, the furniture was there but there was nobody here, not even a pet.

  "I'll go check upstairs." Alona says before disappearing upstairs.

I looked around to see some photos of Sammy hanging around on the walls. There wasn't much of Rosalie but the photos that were here wasn't recent. I could tell by her hair color and her younger facial features.

Alona ran back down the stairs and shook her head, letting me know that Rosalie wasn't there. I sighed before we walked into the kitchen.

She wasn't there either and this was becoming a crime. Even if I already committed most of those.

"She's not here, we can go check out her favorite place by the lake." She says as she turned around to leave.

That's when the crack of the basement door caught my eye.

"You go, I'll catch up."

She gave me a look and I only sighed. She chewed at her bottom lip before hesitantly walking away.

I waited until she walked away before I opened the basement door and walked downstairs. It was lovely at first, until I saw pictures and camera footage of me surrounding the damn place.

"What the fuck." I muttered to myself.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I was startled by the sound of Rosalie's voice.

I turned around as I was met with her. The surface under her eyes look like she had been crying and I could tell she hadn't been in the shower, by the smell and the looks of her. She looked drained.

  "So I talked to my parents and family. I found some things about you and to my surprise I found out that you were sent by some people," I trailed off, "So, you were just sent to stalk me?" I asked her,

She looked at me as if I had said the most dumbest thing in the world. She then scoffed and ran her fingers through her hair.

  "You think I'm stalking you because of someone? Delilah, I'm so obsessed with you, that it's insane." She said as she looked up and took a step forward, "Look around you for god sakes."

I didn't know whether I should have been in awe or if I should have been going crazy right now. My family's known enemy is standing right in front of me pleading that she's obsessed with me as we stand in the middle of a room full of photos and cameras of me. This was honestly creepy—in the most romantic way.

    "So, my family was right. You were sent after me to kill me." I said, crossing my arms.

  "Yes, that's the truth. I was sent to kill your family and to get closer to you but that's not how it worked out."