CHAPTER FIFTEEN

—Delilah Quinn—

A week had gone by and things were weird. The group and I haven't heard anything from Oliver and it was like we were being teenagers again. Normal teenagers.

It was weird considering what we had been going through and put through this whole time.

Nothing felt real anymore. This all felt like one big set up. It felt like everything was going to explode in my face in the matter of time.

  "So, when are you going to ask her out?" I asked,

  "I don't think I ever am." Alona assured as walked up to her house.

It was weird seeing as Alona was all happy to talk about her and she wasn't even weird around her, she knew how to hide a crush. I liked that for her.

  "Why not? You guys literally are the cutest and I'm team A.M." I assured her,

  She scrunched her nose, "A.M?" She asked weirdly,

  "You know... Alona Martin, Autumn Monreal. You guys literally have the same initials so when you get married then it won't change." I grinned at her,

She turned to face me before rolling her eyes. She then looked down to see she had a package at her door. It was probably from those fancy clothing businesses she always ordered from.

Just because it wasn't talked about, Doesn't mean the group didn't have money. I mean, My mom is a busy assassin that kills for millions of dollars per week and that's only because she works part time. Imagine working full time.

My momma is a publisher and writer, there was no beating that. Alona's mothers were both multi-million dollar full time assassins. Autumn's mother, Reign, was a book writer in which my mother helped her mother publish her first book, "Ambivalence". Leaving Autumn to have money as well.

Lucas was the nephew of Reign Monreal and son of fashion stylist Mackenzie the icon. Oliver...Well, maybe he didn't have money. I mean, his father barely cared about him and his mother barely liked him. I mean, the only one he truly has is his sister. Oh boy did I miss his sister.

  "What did you get?" I asked her,

  She shrugged, "I don't know. My packages are supposed to be arriving in 2 weeks. Maybe it was sent early." She says before taking it and walking into the house.

I shut the door behind us as the house filled with silence. No one was home. My best bet was that both her mothers were away still trying to find who was in charge of Oliver.

One night I heard my parents discussing a topic on how they were going to take my Uncle Oliver down. I mean the guy needed to be put to rest, it was like he could never just stay away and be put away.

   "Grab me the scissors." Alona demanded as she tucked a hair behind her ears and pulled her lips into a thin line.

  "I'll save that for you and Autumn." I winked before she rolled her eyes.

She gave me a glare and I rolled my eyes playfully before walking over to the kitchen dresser and taking out the scissors. I then carefully brought them to her as she brutally opened the box.

In the box, there was a blanket with a note on top. The note read; I'm sure you're having fun, Alona. Time is ticking, Find me, Andrew Peters or else.

Alona chuckled before looking at the back of it. She couldn't seriously be taking this as a joke. She was in the situation of a real threat and she thought it was funny?

  "This isn't a letter from Oliver, he would have called. I mean the man is cruel but he's not stupid. Letters leave proof, messages can be deleted."

I hummed before taking out my phone and looking for Rosalie's contact. I then realized that she blocked me so I couldn't even call her up for help.