CHAPTER TWELVE

—Rosalie Cartier—

The night was getting boring and so was I. I thought that maybe things were going to be just fine but Quinn started to get carried away.

She was drinking a little too much for my liking. I didn't know whether it was alcohol or was she playing safe for the night.

I couldn't get close to her because her cover would be blown. How was I supposed to walk up to her with thousands of guys surrounding her?

It would make no sense in this mission and they would start to draw attention to whether she even likes guys or was she a lesbian.

I knew for myself that she was as straight as a pencil. She just had a tendency of having gay traits. Every straight girl had a tendency of acting gay around real sapphic women. I don't know what was the trend with that but it needed to stop.

"Dance with me, Darling."

I looked up to see some old scumbag reaching out his hands for Delilah to take.

She was being a little more cheerful than she normally was. I heard her agree to the guy and joined him on the dance floor.

The song was slow and they seemed to swerve back and forth to the music as her hands hooked around his neck and his hands stayed around her upper back.

I watched as I felt my jaw clench. I couldn't believe she was actually doing this? I mean sure she had to use her charms to get him to tell her everything she needed to know but she was doing too much for him.

She flipped her hair too much. She giggled and smiled too much. She was pressed against him way too much and she was playing with her bracelet.

She only ever played with her bracelet when she was nervous. What the hell could she possibly be nervous about? I mean, the mission wasn't that damn hard.

The song went off and a much faster song came on as I glanced over towards the other side of the dance floor.

I could see Alona and Autumn having a good time giggling and dancing together, instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing. That made my blood boil.

They were having some time off of their mission and they were dancing while Delilah was stuck dancing with some sorry old drunk man that could possibly be thinking he's getting lucky tonight.

That was wrong on so many levels, considering she was just a 17 year old girl portraying someone she wasn't. This was why I begged her to leave town. It was like she was staying around to just sell her soul. Another reason I hated Oliver.

The glass cup in my hand broke into little pieces of glass as a few people surrounding me started to stare.

I took a deep breath before the action of his hands reaching more down than they already were came into mind. I watched as he attempted to do so but my body had other plans.

My feet guided me to them as I took Delilah's waist and I pulled her away from him. She could hardly stand seeing as she was standing unbalanced.

Yeah, she definitely had been drinking and that was all the wrong signs that she should take over this whole industry at a young age. It wouldn't work out best for anyone.