CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

—Rosalie Cartier—

My back was against a brick wall as I pressed my hand against my opened womb. Blood poured out my body as if it was nothing.

Whatever I was hit with was good. The person aiming to kill me was very smart.

  "Rosalie!" I heard someone calling me.

The voice was very familiar. I just couldn't put a face to it considering I was losing it right about now anyways.

I slide down against the bricked wall as I hit the floor. My eyes started to dim as I was sure that I couldn't maintain life anymore.

I heard my name being called before my eyes snapped shut.

-

When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I had all sorts of tubes and wires hooked up to me.

I had no idea what time it was and what hospital I was in. All I knew was that I was still alive and my body was aching in pain. It hurt to move a little but I handled it right.

  "Don't move too much, You'll cut through your stitches."

My eyes traveled up towards the door frame of the hospital room. There I saw Delilah. She just wouldn't go away. She didn't know how dangerous this could be for her and it wasn't like I could tell her that but I gave her obvious warnings to leave me alone but she just doesn't understand it.

I looked away from her and my eyes examined the room as I sighed. If I couldn't get away from her then that only meant; she was bound to die soon or I was bound to die. Either way, this all could be avoided for many things.

  "Your brother is in the waiting room sleeping along with your mom and dad." She pointed out,

  "That's not my father." I assured her,

I kept my eyes on my hospital risk bracelet. I felt the side of the hospital bed shift as I could feel the presence of Quinn. When I looked up to meet her eyes she smiled at me sadly for comfort.

My heart hurted a little seeing her all sad for me knowing that I showed her nothing but anger and gave her frustration.

  "Emily is here as well. She says that she wants to see you but the doctors don't let anyone in except family."

I raised my eyebrow. How did she get back here if she wasn't family? There was nothing she could possibly say for the doctors to let her slide.

  "So, how did you-"

  "I snuck back here. I really had to see you and I was very worried. I'm very sorry that I left you and wasn't able to save you." She frowned,

There was no way that she was seriously blaming herself for not being able to save me. She's not going to be able to save people all the time and blaming herself was definitely not the way to go.

  "Quinn, you don't need to blame yourself. The lights went out and things happened. I don't want you sitting around moping over what could have been my death." I explained to her.

  "You could have died, You were bleeding out and I was there with you and the next minute I wasn't. I couldn't look for you, or even help you. Rosalie, You had me scared to death. I thought I would lose you before I even got you."