Chapter 32. {Final}

Dr. Yun had been stopping by regularly for quite a few weeks now. He gave Jungkook and Taehyung different separation exercises to practice for when he wasn't there. At first it was an absolute nightmare, but over time the maknae's got better and better at it. He also felt like their medications weren't working the way they were supposed to, so he did more psych evaluations and prescribed them things that ended up being the absolute perfect fit for their needs. Taehyung was also ecstatic when he could finally ditch his inhaler, his lungs had finally fully healed. He would do a lot of breathing and vocal exercises to practice for when he'd be singing again.

They went from not being able to close the door on eachother, to spending time in completely separate rooms. Through their hyungs constant love and reassurance they finally began to feel a sense of safety while apart. A big victory was when they separated and slept in two separate beds again. With the nightmares becoming few and far between, Jimin was able to rejoin them in their room every night, enjoying his own bed.

One night the members were gathered at the kitchen table playing a game together, and when Jin went to playfully tickle Jungkook he felt like the impossible happened.

Instead of flinching and scooting away like he normally would, he endured his hyung's tickling and started letting out a deep, real laugh. Jin immediately stopped and stared at his maknae with water filling his eyes.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Jungkook asked.

Jin grabbed Jungkook and pulled him into a tight, tight hug. "I just...I don't think you realize you haven't laughed like that since you got back. I was starting to think I'd never hear you laugh like that again."

This made all of the members realize what Jin was saying, and they all broke down with tears of happiness. Jungkook looked over at Taehyung and realized he hadn't laughed all that much anymore either, and he wanted to hear that too. He got up and walked over and immediately started tickling Taehyung and the older couldn't help but completely burst with tears of laughter, while everyone else started to cry even more.

They're finally coming back.

Taehyung and Jungkook had a few more appointments with the skin doctor to get their scars removed, and they were elated when it was as if there never even were any. As expected, Jungkook was left with a slight cheek scar, but he was still grateful for the removal of the others. This small thing was nothing compared to what had been on his back and ribs.

 This small thing was nothing compared to what had been on his back and ribs

Every time Dr. Yun came for a visit he expressed how insanely surprised he was at how fast Jungkook and Taehyung were making progress.

"I expected something like this to take years, and it hasn't even been a full year yet," Dr. Yun had said.

Taehyung said he owed it all to Dr. Yun himself for being such an amazing help, and to his hyungs for how much love, care, and patience they've shown through this whole thing.