Dingus: Lu
I'm going to be home late.
Call me if anything happens at home, okay?

As I read the messages, I let out a scoff and shook my head. Lucy seemed to notice my reaction because her face cringed when she met my gaze. "I'm sorry about that. Do you want me to call him?"

"It's fine, thank you though." I send a small but disappointed smile before turning around and walking away without another word.

__

I ended up finishing the lab all on my own last night. It wasn't necessarily difficult, it was just the fact it took up a lot of my time, so I didn't have room to do my other assignments.

Not sure if annoyed is the right word to describe what I'm feeling right now because I feel a mix of anger and disappointment. Mostly mad though.

I wasn't in the best of moods to see Kaizen's face but it's bound to happen anyway since we share a science class together. If I'm lucky, I might be able to dodge him in the hallways.

"Hey, Ang." A sweet voice brings my attention over, shutting my locker with more force than I initially anticipated. "Oh-kay...you don't seem too happy."

Turning around, I come face to face with my best friend, Lena Mae, who happens to be my favorite person in the world. Her and I have been friends ever since elementary and we've stuck to each other's sides no matter what.

I took a quick notice of how the ends of her blonde hair was curled and the cute jeans that she paired with a white crew neck.

She showed worry all over with her eyebrows furrowed and a noticeable frown on her rosy lips. "What's wrong?" She asks with concern.

"Kaizen Gryan is what's wrong."

"Uh-oh. What'd he do, Ang? Do I need to beat him up because I will." Lena's soft features suddenly tensed.

"No, Lena. It's nothing like that. I'm just annoyed at him for doing something." I sighed, the both of us starting to stroll down the crowded halls.

"Annoyed?"

"Yeah. We were supposed to work on our lab report together last night but he never showed. He completely bailed on me so I ended up doing it all alone." I complained.

"Oh wow. Ballsy move." She shook her head, scowling.

"Yeah. Ballsy." I said, rolling my eyes. "He's lucky I finished it so we're both passing."

"Well for what it's—oh shit." Lena began to say something but stopped. "Don't look now, but uhm, he's coming this way." She avoided looking straight ahead of us.

"Who?" I asked.

"Angeline." A familiar voice called out to me and I immediately knew who it was. In the flesh was Kaizen Gryan and Miles Sawyer right by his side. They both flashed us smiles—Kaizen's being a bit nervous.

Lena returned a smile back, specifically towards Miles though. I watch the interaction unfold, Lena's cheeks becoming pink and flushed.

You should probably know something about Lena and Miles. They've been friends the day Kaizen introduced Miles to us in the fifth grade. I got along with him but Lena seemed to be much closer with Miles. I assumed maybe she was developing a crush on him back then, but when I asked, she denied and told me they were just friends and she didn't see him like that.