The Seventh Extinction [Pt. 2]

Start from the beginning

Click announced another two clicks. Attack. Without a second to waste, I bolted at Dodgson, slamming him right off his feet and to the ground. The elderly man struck the earth with a violent thud, before being tail-whipped into the wall behind him, cracking it by brute force. Lewis cried out, his glasses finally shattering by his side. His cries cut short once I lunged on top of him, a claw latched into his belly with the middle pointed directly at his throat. With no strength left to give, the male began a plea to his false God. I snorted in annoyance. As if he could-

*Tch-Tch!*

I heard the sound of sucking teeth. No Kill. And, miserably agreeing, I remained atop the trapped man, inhaling his putrid terror while watching the fear light up across his face like Christmas lights.

Click slowly waddled to his side, pointing a finger toward the television screen. "What is that thing?"

Dodgson's eyes briefly followed Click's finger, entrapped on the moving picture of the monstrous animal. For a while he stared, then drew away with a shaky sigh.

"I already told you what it is."

"Bull crap, no you didn't," Click snarled drawing closer. "Tell me what it is."

"It's a cure-"

I started pressing my claws into Lewis's chest. A pained groan echoed from his lungs as applied pressure, something that barely angered Click to any extent. I guess he wanted me to do that... his impatience was rising faster than a volcanic eruption.

"Mmph!" Lewis gasped. "Order her... to s-stop-!"

"Then tell me what I need to know. You made it, didn't you?"

"Screw you..."

Click's eyes flashed in annoyance. "I'm going to ask you one more time," he began, shifting his tongue to the order position, "or she's going to rip your face off just like she did to Jameson. What is that thing?!"

Lewis fell quiet. His eyes... they weren't locked to Click and I anymore... they were looking beyond our legs toward a figure starting to rise. He didn't want to answer... not for whatever he just saw. But Click wouldn't allow it. And with one whistle-

Mock Kill.

I darted my jaws down in a false bite, just fast enough to render a scream from the poor male. Dodgson shook like an earthquake once I paused, both hands up to surrender and his eyes staring down my throat.

"WHAT IS IT?!"

"Ultimasaurus!" He shrieked aloud. "It's an Ultimasaurus!"

"What?" Henry Wu, the figure Lewis was staring at, had arisen to listen in. For some strange reason, hearing those words triggered a reflex in the INGEN scientist. It made his heart lurch and, before long, his face turned ghostly white. But not for Click, who still wrinkled his snout in distaste for his answer. "That's a stupid name," he said.

"I told you what it was made for..." Lewis wheezed, staring into my burning blue eyes while my jaws closed up. "W-We only needed its blood."

"Because it's a fix to a virus you think will kill everyone."

"If CDC doesn't get what I assured them of, it very much will." He rasped. "Plasma... is the inner hospital of our blood system. Y-You can heal several injuries with its properties. But... if you amplify it by enough of a margin-"

"I don't give a damn what Plasma does," spoke Click, "or how it's going to fix any of this. It's still an animal... and you continued to treat it like a product."

"Because it isn't meant to be anything more than that, or else it'll see its potential to rid us all."

"Which it already had." Click pointed back to the screen. "That's your fault."