Breakout

It took me an hour to find my way through this wretched maze of hell.

Partially because of the injury Indy gave me. I couldn't help but continue to blame her, she overreacted to a need that was not meant to spill blood. Even if it was annoying I remained careful enough not to leave a drop of blood along the way.

Frankly I didn't expect humans to be so alive past the wee hours of the midnight gong. But INGEN, as always, never slept for a second, and it was awfully clear tonight. Scientists and soldiers walked to and fro from their labs, white coats trailing behind them like cloaks upon a fashion designer. They talked and whispered, laughed and grunted, stepping lively as their boots scratched the floor. The clicks and groans of massive machines and miniature computers  polluted the frozen air, and gave off a awful chemical stench that forced my nose to wrinkle.

Without the ability to camouflage, and, given my lack of sight on the entire left side of my body, I was forced to cower and hide from every little thing that moved and spoke. The heat trackers of my right eye allowed me to seek living prey from my distant position, while my ear holes helped detect the changes of sound, acknowledging me of any security cameras nearby. I'd crouch to the floor often and then raise to the ceiling, bound up against walls, and slip through windows, and every challenge thereafter appeared worse than the last. It was difficult work but, after all these years training in similar military situations with Click, it seemed to pay off.

At some point I reached an area where both humans and cameras were magnified to the highest regard, forcing me to cower in the backdrops of another darkened room through an opened window. I tried my best to seek a different kind of accessible exit but, given my massive scale and whitened complexion, it didn't look like I was going anywhere, not unless I waited.

And so I did.

Until curiosity got the better of me. Until I noticed something strange about this place... this room.

Pushing back up to all fours, I began to investigate for myself. My claws slowly glided around the bends of wrinkled papers, bookmarks, and shelving — the sights making it appear as though a tornado had rushed through here. The crimson window shades afar were lowered, just enough to offer me visual protection from the outside world. But the only light available in this place came from the blue screen of a sleepless computer upon a desk. Confused, I sniffed the air for a distinct scent, and the sudden odor I soon caught instantly wrote a big black bolded name into my head, one that forced my stomach to lurch twice.

"Wu."

My pupils dilated as I looked around his place, instantly on high alert. This was his room, his hiding place where he worked, his little area of expertise. This is where he conjured his ideas to make hybrids, to make devils and monsters for his own likings. This place was evil to me... and not because of the ambiance or the horrible silence it gave off -- it was something more. My nostrils flared as I turned to the glowing computer, noticing nothing other than an INGEN screensaver on the front, and little tabs scattered on each side of the machine.

It was unfortunate that I couldn't use a computer, for I didn't know how. But the light it gave off allowed me to see other things... such as the strange square picture frames on each side of the desk.

The first one I saw was of his squinty-eyed devilish face shining in the shadows of the Hammond Creation Lab of Jurassic World. It looked awfully old, given how young he was, and so I ignored it.

The second image was that of him and a group of strange people. Among the many was a female bearing short orange hair and a reddened smile that looked like blood had been drawn upon her lips. I knew full well that this was lipstick, though, for me and my hunger, the primal thought came first. To the right of her was Henry Wu -- as usual -- as well as a few other new scientists, including one other male that bore the name: Masarani. But what caught my attention the most became three peculiar things: A man bearing a symbol that didn't match the form of INGEN's logo, a strange little girl standing proudly next to Wu's side, and the hatchling she held in her grasp.