I don't like your friend

Start from the beginning

"Max, we would like to talk to her in private." Mom says.

Max stares at me with sympathy before leaving.

I don't want anyone to pity me. I know what I was doing and I'm old enough to be a mother.

I will raise and take care of my little baby alone. I don't want anyone's help or interference.

"Who's the father of that thing inside you." Mom's voice interrupts me from my amazing thoughts.

"It doesn't matter." I answer in a low voice.

"Are you even listening to yourself right now?" She gets up and stands only two steps away.

"I said it doesn't matter. That means you don't have to know."

She laughs sarcastically and turn her head to look at Dad, "are you listening to what she's saying?"

Dad like always says nothing, "you have to get rid of that." Mom turns back to me.

I shake my head no, "I Am Not Doing That." I grind out through my teeth, trying to keep my temper at bay.

"This is unacceptable Trina! First you ran away to that low-"

Even if Joshua has rejected me in the worst way, I could never allow my Mom say shit about him.

"Don't you dare say anything about Joshua!"

For the first time, I'm this angry in front of them.

"Did you just raise your voice at the woman who removed you from poverty?"

"I never even wanted to, remember? You should be talking to my parents about that and not me." I fire back.

"Darling let's give her some time to think about everything." Dad speaks for the first time since I found them.

"You better think carefully, our image and reputation are at stake here." Mom speaks as she leave the room followed by Dad.

Max walks in afterwards, "hey are you okay?" He asks.

"Yes I'm fine." I tell him as he sits on the bed.

"So.. his name is Josh-ua?" He asks, taking my right hand into his.

Nodding, I swallow looking away from him.

"You know what? I envy him, he's got you for himself."

No, it's the other way round.

"I wish I had come sooner, maybe you would have liked me instead." He adds.

Does this guy really like me?

But you still love Joshua who doesn't even like you. Shut up.

"Well, uh.. you'll find someone who'll truly love and care about you." I assure him with a small closed smile and a nod.

Melissa's POV:

"I'm happy that you left some time to be with me." Michael says.

"I told you I only agreed to be here with you because it's a Sunday." I roll my eyes.

Michael invited me to this Burger place that was newly opened on Friday and I must say it's a nice place and the food here is quite amazing.

"I know but I don't know why you like distancing yourself, for hell's sake we became friends in the fifth grade, have you also forgotten about that?"

"I haven't forgotten Michael nor am I distancing myself from anyone. It's just-"

"Work." He finishes, "okay I hope I could believe that."

"I'll be working for Dad now."

"I thought you wanted to be a doctor?" I ask.

"Yes but not anymore."

I decide not to ask why as I just nod my head, eating my food.

"Melissa?" A familiar husky voice calls my name from behind.

I look behind me to see my boss with a smirk on his face which doesn't make sense.

"Uh.. Boss.. Sir? W-what are you doing here?" I ask him, getting up to stand in front of him.

I look more smaller and shorter when I stand in front of him and because I'm just wearing normal shoes and not those heels I put on.

"Anyone can come here anytime they want to."

"I mean-"

"It is a restaurant after all."

"Yes but-"

"Just like you and everybody in here, I came to check the place."

I look over at Michael who's looking confused right now.

"Michael this is my boss, Sir this Michael my friend."

Even if they're shaking hands, I can see they don't like each other, not even a little bit.

Adrian sits next to the chair I was sitting on, glaring at Michael who's giving me puppy eyes.

What the hell is going on?

I sit next to my boss trying to process what is happening.

Adrian leans forward to whisper something into my eyes, "I don't like your friend."

What?

I look at him as he nods his head in agreement.

I hear my phone vibrating and I open it to see a message from Michael. It say...

I don't like your boss.

Ugh!!

What the hell is happening? Why don't they like each other?

"Uh.. sir? Are you not going to order anything?"

"No, I didn't come here for that princess."

Princess?

Michael's phone rings as he picks it up, "yes?.. Alright I'm coming."

He gets up and takes my hand as he kisses the back of it, "we have to go honey."

Honey?

My boss removes my hand from Michael's giving him a death glare.

"Melissa is with me, if you want to leave then just leave, ALONE."

"I'm the one who brought her here so I should be the one taking her home." Michael challenges.

This isn't good. Not at all.

"Are you going to leave or should I make you?" My boss tries to stand up but I stop him.

"If you two won't stop then I'll be the one to leave."

Michael checks the time on his wristwatch, giving me the last glance, he storms out of the restaurant.

"Why didn't you go with your friend?" A smirking Adrian asks.

"Why did you do that?"

"I didn't do anything to your friend, I just offered him if I could make him leave."

I roll my eyes and focus on another figure in front of me.

Joshua.

"Who's this again?" I hear Adrian mutter.

"Joshua? Hi!"

"Melissa can I talk to you? Right now?"

"Right now she's busy." My boss answers.

"No, I mean yes you can." I tell him as he sits on the seat Michael was sitting on.

"Don't say anything." I warn Adrian.

"Yes Joshua, what would you like to talk about?"

"It's about Trina."

Trina?

Hey people!!

Do you think Joshua is going to spill it out?

Love you!!

...