TBI 44: Threat

Começar do início

As the commotion settled and a newfound sense of hope permeated the island, a figure emerged from the shadows. It was Salazar, his weakened body moving slowly but purposefully towards the center of the stage. He clapped his hands mockingly, his eyes fixed on me with a mixture of awe and malevolence.

I felt a chill run down my spine, a foreboding sense of unease gripping my heart. How could this man be here?

"You...," I stammered, my voice tinged with both surprise and anger. "How did you find us? What do you want?"

Salazar chuckled darkly, his voice filled with a sinister edge. "Oh, my dear Selvyna, you underestimate the lengths I am willing to go to achieve my goals. But I am not here to fight, but rather to relay a threat. The power you possess, the mermaids' essence... it is all part of a grand plan."

I clenched my fists, a surge of defiance coursing through me. "I won't let you harm my people any further. You've caused enough suffering."

Salazar's gaze intensified, his eyes narrowing. "Ah, but you see, dear princess, your power is not fully yours. The bargain with Fate is still processing, and until it is complete, you and your mermaids will remain bound."

I took a step back, my mind racing, trying to comprehend his words. "What do you mean?"

He smirked, relishing in my confusion. "You were a pawn in a larger game, Selvyna. Fate chose you for a reason, and I have paid a high price to ensure that I will be in front of the game."

I felt anger and frustration welling up inside me, but I held onto my composure. "What are you talking about?"

Salazar's eyes gleamed with a mix of madness and determination. "In due time, my dear. All will be revealed. But for now, know that I am watching, and every move you make will bring me closer to my ultimate victory."

I could sense the danger, the imminent threat he posed to everything we had fought for. But I refused to succumb to his manipulation. I straightened my posture, a fire igniting within me.

"You underestimate the strength and resilience of a mermaid," I declared, my voice firm and unwavering.

Salazar's expression darkened, his lips curling into a sneer. "We shall see, Selene. The game has only just begun, and the stakes have never been higher."

With that ominous warning, he turned and disappeared into the shadows, leaving me to grapple with the newfound knowledge of a looming threat. But amidst the uncertainty, a determination burned within me, a resolve to protect my people and defy the destiny Salazar had planned.

"Your highness, we shall leave."

As the mermen voiced their concerns and suggested a hasty departure, a sense of urgency filled the air. I looked at them, my gaze filled with determination.

"Yes," I replied, my voice resolute. "Leave in groups, swim as fast as you can. We will make sure no one else falls into their clutches."

With a sense of purpose, the mermaids and mermen began organizing themselves into smaller groups, preparing to leave the treacherous island behind. They swiftly swam away, their tails propelling them through the water with speed and agility.

Meanwhile, I focused my attention on the source of our anguish-the auction site where the despicable trade had taken place. I summon my powers, gathering the depths of my abilities, and unleashed a torrent of energy. The water around the island churned and roiled as a surge of power coursed through me.

With a single commanding gesture, I directed my power towards the core of the island. The ground trembled, cracks forming and spreading like veins across its surface. The island began sinking into the depths, disappearing beneath the waves.