Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going back Kyra, I've worked too hard and I'm way too happy. I fee like... I'm finally living. I couldn't leave you guys, and I definitely couldn't leave Grayson. I'm really falling for him", I smiled fondly just thinking about my blue eyed, chiseled god of a boyfriend.

"You know they say the relationship works best when the man falls first and the woman falls harder. That man fell for you as soon as he saw you at the photoshoot Leah. He left the studio that day knowing you'd be the woman he would see walking down the aisle at his wedding one day", she smirked.

I thought back to when Grayson and I first met and it was so weird how it felt like that was years ago, but in reality that was only in March. Almost 9 months ago. And even funnier is that 8 months prior to us meeting I had found out about Jordan sleeping with Tara. This last year and a half has been beyond crazy. But if going through all that meant I'd end up here, in L.A with an amazing job, with my amazing friends, and with an amazing man; well that makes it all worth it. And because it's been so worth it I'm going to fight tooth and nail to make sure none of it is taken away from me.

"I've never really believed in love at first sight, but things just seemed to click when we met at that photoshoot. It was so terrifying that he felt so right for me, that he read my emotions so was that he could tell that whatever I had been through had wrecked my confidence. Grayson understands me in a way I was starting to doubt another person could. He is everything I find important in a man. He's intelligent, funny, kind, and unbelievably attractive. But above all, he's honest. I think that's why I feel so guilty about not telling him I was once a runaway bride. I know he said that what I did doesn't change our relationship but I'm worried he'll pull back. I know he's still upset and I need to make things right with him", I explained as I sat back down.

Kyra went to my bed and pulled my dress out of its bag as I finished my lip gloss and made sure my hair looked okay before standing up and Kyra helped me into the beautiful dress. It was a tan nude tulle dress with hints of olive green with blush pink, white, and olive green flowers decorated on the two shoulder strings, bust, waist, and trailing down the skirt of the dress. She also helped me with my matching tan nude masquerade mask decorated with matching sparkles over it and small white flowers on green vines painted on the left and right side of the mask. Our dresses kinda matched and I loved it.

"Sounds like you're gonna have to make it up to him

"Sounds like you're gonna have to make it up to him. And not make it up to him like throwing on lingerie and giving him a blowjob, an actual sincere gesture", she smirked playfully at me. But her words were sincere, I had fucked up and a simple sexual favor would not make things better.

"Maybe I'll plan a date for him".

"That's a good idea", Kyra nodded.

"So are you gonna tell me what Grayson talked to you two about when I left the room or do I have to be kept out of the loop", I asked as I then sat down on my bed and put on my blush pink platform heels that tied up my legs to reach mid calf.

"I think its pretty poetic considering you've kept us out of the loop as well", Kyra winked.

"Did he seem really angry", I asked worriedly.

"Not really, he just seemed worried about you. He just wants you safe. I will say though that even if you two weren't together, he is a very good friend to us", she said as she gave my outfit one last look over.

"Why do you say that, is he helping us find a new place?"

"Something like that, just remember that he genuinely cares for you and he only wants you unharmed. He now knows just how dangerous Jordan is and it's only right that he wants to make sure that said abusive asshole can't get near you or harm you ever again", Kyra explained as she grabbed her silver studded clutch and I grabbed my nude colored clutch before we both exited the bedroom.

As we walked towards the front door I received the text signaling our limo ride was here, curtesy of Beck and Grayson who were already there.
Apparently it was custom that only married couples showed up together, un-married men would get there early and when they're respective dates or anyone they found interest in would arrive, the names of the women would be announced as the men stood at the bottom of the stairs. It reminded me of fairytales rather than a masquerade but maybe that was just my nervousness talking. Though I knew they're was no real concern that Grayson wouldn't be at the bottom of the stairs when I was announced, apart of me still worried that because of today he wouldn't be.

I took a deep breath though and touched the necklace Grayson gifted me, feeling the small engraving on either side of the bar to steady my nerves. I'm his little goddess and he's my Gray. Everything would be okay.

"Let's go have a ball", I smiled, making Kyra laugh as left the apartment with our arms linked.