CHAPTER EIGHT

-UNREQUITED LOVE-

CHAPTER EIGHT

RILEY'S POV

the next morning i awoke to Ryan sitting next to me, his back resting against the headboard.

" 'afternoon, baby. finally, i thought you were dead!" he grinned.

i groaned and stretched, "what time is it?" i grumbled.

"3 in the afternoon. wake up sleepy head, I've been waiting for an hour now. lets go out."

"ryannnnnnnnnn," i moaned. "im tired! cant we just stay in and watch some movies?" i yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"fiine!" he pretended to be annoyed. "as long as we don't watch no chick flicks."

i smiled. i always got my way with him. "yay! now go make me some coffee."

"whats the magic word?"

"now?" i joked.

he rolled his eyes and got out. "the magic word is 'please', baby. say it."

"please, pretty please, Ry my best friend in the whole wide world and galaxy and universe and everything else!" i sang.

"hmm, since you put it so nicely.." he walked off smirking to the kitchen.

***

we spent the rest of the day watching comedy films starting with 'white chicks' which is one of my favourite films ever. then we watched all of the 'nutty proffesor' films.

halfway through the last one Ryan suddenly asked me;

"hey, baby, wheres your necklace?"

i had my head on his lap facing the TV where he was playing with my hair, so i rotated my body 180 degrees to face him. i reached to touch my neck confused, had i dropped it somewhere?

"oh!" i suddenly remembered. "i took it off yesterday when i went out with Callum last night. its in my purse i think."

"oh. right." he said quietly. he was frowning. i wondered why.

"so, you went out as in a date?" he asked.

"uhh yeah," i replied uncomfortably.

he didnt say anything else after that, just continued playing with my hair.

***

by 1am i was pretty tired and wasn't in the mood to watch anymore TV. i yawned and got up stretching.

"im gonna go bed now, Ry. carry on watching if you want."

"i need to use your laptop to do my extra credentials work, baby, my Internets not working properly upstairs."

he lived on the 3rd floor, just one above me.

"sure, its in my room." i replied walking to my room. he followed me and i pointed to where it was. i proceeded to strip down to my underwear as i walked to my closet to change into fresh PJ's.

i then jumped into my bed, snuggling down into my duvet. Ryan got in aswell, tapping away at the keyboard.

"Ryan?" i asked closing my eyes.

"hmm?"

"why do you call me baby?" i had been wondering this for a long time now but always for got to ask.

he chuckled, "you don't remember?"

"nope," i yawned.

"remember when we were 14 and your next door neighbour, Angela i think her name was, had a really big crush on me. every time i came over, she would always knock to hang out with us. i was so fed up not having you to myself, not to mention all the unwanted attention she threw on me-"

"oh yeah! you made me pretend to be your girlfriend," i cut in remembering.

"yeah, i called you baby and you'd call me sweetie pie every time she came near us so she'd get the message."

i laughed, "sweetie pie! man, i cant believe i forgot. it was so long ago.

"yeah it was a long time ago, i guess the name just stuck."

"mm, goodnight sweetie-pie-ry." i yawned again and snuggled up next to him.

"night, baby." i felt him kiss my forehead and then i was dead to the world.

***

RYAN'S POV

i don't know why i felt so hurt when i saw she wasn't wearing my necklace. but the anger and pain that consumed me when she told me she'd been on a date with Callum was just ridiculous.

i felt as though i'd lost her somehow and i didn't like it.

not one bit.

***