CH22 A MAN'S GOT TO TRY

Hi long time no see
Here's the next chapter...

"Mamma, I'm going to Aaru's party. I'll be late," Akshara called out as she stepped out of her room and heard her sister's bedroom door open.

"What? You are going to a party? What's gotten into you?" Mini looked shocked.

Akshara rolled her eyes. "Minniieeeeeeeee , what's wrong with going to my friend's party."

Mini followed her down the stairs.

"That's what the problem is. You never go to parties, and you have been to two this week. How much did you party at that jewellery exhibition?"

"Mini, when did you turn into Mamma?"

"Seriously? What's with you and going out so much?"

Akshara smiled, knowing her sister was right.

"I'm technically on a break."

Her routine before the exhibition was to spend most of her days at the workshop on the lower level of the house without stepping out. From the time she got back, she had stepped out of the house at least once a day to meet Abhimanyu, either at his place or to grab a quick lunch at a café close to his office. They didn't get a lot of time alone when they met for lunch after she got back from the exhibition, but she was happy to spend time with him whenever she could.

"I'm so glad you are not boring anymore, and one of these days, take me to these parties." Mini chuckled.

"Get Papa to agree." Akshara let out a laugh.

"Whatever... but can I stay at my friend's house for a sleepover next weekend? I never get to go for the entire weekend, and I'm the only one leaving early every time," Mini whispered.

Akshara scrunched her nose.

"Why are you asking me? Why would I object? Make sure Mamma knows."

Mini giggled and pulled her sister close.

"Everyone is going away for the weekend to attend a wedding, and the twins are going, too. You will be in charge."

"Oh, interesting." Akshara smiled, excited about having a sleepover of her own for the weekend.

"Please, let me stay the weekend."

Akshara smiled before planting a kiss on her sister's forehead. "You can have a sleepover for the weekend but no breaking Papa's rules. You can have your friends over for the weekend, and I'll make sure I stay out of your way."

Mini's eyes widened.

"What?"

"Yes, you heard me. I will never break Papa's rules. But since you want to spend the entire weekend with your friends, you can invite them all over here. I'll leave the house to you and feel free to have your friends use my room, too."

"Oh my God, I love the idea. I never thought of inviting them over."

"No trashing the house or attacking the wine cellar. I'll be watching."

Akshara chuckled and added, "Tell Mamma I will be late."

"You almost sound like a normal person these days. You should enjoy your life from time to time and not always work, work, work," Mini said in a dramatic tone.

"Yes, my lovely sister. I'm enlightened by your work-life-balance theory."

"Have fun, don't drink too much."