And just as quickly as they all fought over who was going to take me, they all disappeared just as fast, none wanting to wait that long for their money. Even my Aunt slinked away without so much as a goodbye.

So now here I was walking up this cobblestone pathway leading up to this beautiful house to the only person who was more than willing to take me in, my mother's childhood best friend Mrs. Caroline Covington.

"Come Mia." Ms. Ledin waved me toward the huge front door giving me a small smile of sympathy before she rang the doorbell.

Swiftly it was opened by a beautiful, angelic woman with chestnut brown hair cascading down her back, sparkling icy blue eyes that twinkled with happiness and the warmest, the most welcoming smile I had received it what seems like ages at this point.

"Mia." the beautiful woman breathed as if she had been waiting her whole life to finally meet me. I gave her a small smile as I let my dark brown hair fall forward covering as much of my face as possible, gazing up at her with my chocolate brown eyes through my long lashes, I clenched my hands to my thighs, stopping myself from fidgeting out of nervousness.

"Mrs. Covington, so good to see you again." Ms. Ledin greeted holding out her hand. Ms. Caroline absentmindedly took it giving it a small shake, never letting her warm gaze or smile leave my blushing face.

"Thank you, Ms. Ledin, for bringing her all this way. I wish I could have come to pick her up myself but I had to be here... for my boys." Mrs. Covington explained sweetly all but dismissing Ms. Ledin.

"Not a problem." Ms. Ledin nodded seeing that she was no longer needed.

"I already received your other personal items a few days ago, there in your new room waiting for you. Are those your only other bags?" Mrs. Covington asked pointing toward my large suitcase I had wheeled up the walkway and the duffel bag slung over my shoulder.

"Yes, ma'am." mumbling as I adjusted the bag on my shoulder, shuffling from foot to foot. I didn't understand this overwhelming feeling of excitement and nervousness that had washed over me the moment Ms. Ledin had pulled into their long driveway that came into a full circle, with the center of the circle filled with red and pink tulips.

"I'll get the boys to help you with those..., just set them here on the porch." she smiled as she turned back toward the opened door, I propped up my suitcase letting go of the handle, but kept the duffel on my shoulder gripping the strap for some sort of support, something to anchor me. " Dante, Dimitri come meet Mia." her voice barely raised above her normal volume. She gestured us into the foyer of the house as two very tall, muscular figures more men than boys really, came barreling down the stairs, shoving, pushing and punching each other playfully.

They both suddenly stilled just about halfway down the staircase, each inhaling deeply before turning their piercing blue gaze on to me. I gasped at the intensity and slowly I ran a trembling hand though my hair as I tried to pull myself from their penetrating gawking eyes, icy blue eyes just like their mothers.

I quickly flitted my gaze over them in confusion and observation, taking in the fact that they both had dark brown nearly black hair, tight muscular bodies from what I could tell under their shirts that were hugging against their broad chests, they were at least two or three years older than me, their twins I finally realized as I took in their facial features. They looked the like the Greek gods we had been reading about in history before I was sent here to Havencrest to live with Covingtons.

Slowly one shook his head before continuing down the stairs and came to stop in front of me holding out his hand. "Hi, I'm Dimitri... it's truly a pleasure to finally meet you." saying the words as if he really, truly meant them, his voice felt like soft silk wrapping around me making me feel safe and secure.

I took his hand and jumped in surprise when I felt an electric shock the moment, I touched his skin, he stared down at our hands in wonderment before looking back up at me giving me a wholehearted smile.

Shyly I gave him a small smile in return before pulling my hand back to my side. He turned toward his brother who was still staring at me so penetratingly from the stairs, nodded his head toward me. I turned my attention to him and watched as he stocked toward me like a predator stocking his prey, struggling to control my rapid breathing I bit my lip in worry as he came toward me, his eyes raking over me as if he was committing every inch of me to memory.

"Dante." He grunted, his voice was deep and husky, it sent an unfamiliar tingling sensation throughout my body. I took quick notice that all though they look like identical twins, he was slightly taller and had his hair shorter than Dimitri.

He extended his hand narrowing his gaze on me as I slowly reached out and took his, once again I was jolted by a shock of electricity at the touch of his skin. He too stared down out our hands in surprise just as Dimitri did before returning his intense, piercing blue eyes to mine.

"Mia..., it's nice to meet you both." whispering as they both closed their eyes and smiled at the sound of my voice. Glancing between them, I wasn't sure what was going on between with them, but I felt very overwhelmed, excited and slightly scared from my first encounter with these two, the Covington Boys.

Please Vote if you like the Chapter! Feel Free to Comment!

Shelley Hennig as Mia Winston