Chapter 1 : Rejected

This is the new and revised Chapter One. Enjoy!!!

I was woken by the loud, rapid pounding on my door. The noise was constant and only getting louder. I finally made it to the door after tripping over random stuff that was laying around on the floor. Upon opening the door, I was met with the cold, hate filled green eyes that belonged to my brother, Nathan.

With an aggravated sigh he asked,"why the hell were you not up yet?"

I replied back with a slight stutter," I o-over slept by accident." I wasn't stuttering out of fear, but out of the fact he packed one hell of a punch.

I was shaking with nerves. My body couldn't take anymore beatings, especially not this early in the morning. Also, with the beating I got received last night, my wounds were just barely beginning to heal.

I tensed my body as I backed up slightly when I saw his hand beginning to raise, only to sigh in relief when he clinched his fist while lowering his hand back to his side. That was a close one, but I was still alert just in case.

"Just get to the kitchen and make us our fucking food, murderer." I flinched hearing the last word escape his mouth. You'd think I was used to hearing people call me that since that one of the names they have been calling me for a couple years, but I'm not.

 I nodded only to get a punch to my jaw in return. My head whipped to the side as I stumbled backwards, but no tears fell. I didn't retaliate back either, knowing that only worsens the hits. I figured him not hitting me was too good to be true.

"I don't hear nods!" He growled at me. 

"I will be right down." I say. You little fucker, I add in my head.

Nathan turns and walks away without another word or look in my direction. I close the door and go straight to the bathroom to do my business and shower.. I throw on a short sleeve shirt and some jeans with my black converse.

After making everyone breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen afterwards I start my walk to hell, I mean school. It's a thirty minute walk, thirty freaking minutes! If you haven't noticed yet I'm hated by everyone here, even my own flesh and blood brother. They all see me as a murderer, nothing more, but I do not care. I stopped caring years ago. Our parents died for me in a rogue invasion protecting me and everyone blames me. Especially since our parents were the betas of the pack.

I finally arrived at school, my personal hell, but whatever I guess. I brace myself for another day at this place. A day full of drama, lies, jerks, and 2-cents hoes. And don't forget your man whores.

*The Next Day*

Today was May 5th. A day I used to love, but now loathe with a deep passion all the way to the roots. My birthday and the anniversary of my parents' deaths. 

I decided today with going to be different however. I was turning eighteen. No longer will I live in fear of these people, no longer should I hide from them neither.

I left the house early to go shopping and get a new look. I first went to a salon because i didn't want to get my new clothes messed up. I got my hair cut so it was four inches past my shoulders and I had my hair dyed jet black at the top and blue and purple at the tips.

After paying the lady and thanking her, I made my way to the clothing stores. I got a black crop top with a gold diamond covering it, some red ripped skinny jeans with black combat boots. I  changed into the clothes at the store and threw my old ones away. I then went to the bathroom and did some light makeup on my face. This consisted of my doing my eyebrows, putting on eyeliner with some highlights and black matte lipstick.