𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Comincia dall'inizio

"Jennifer's tactics are peculiar, like moving pieces on a board." Chris started, only to be interrupted by his daughter.

"And you are one of them."

Sighing, the hunter said, "we won't wait until her next move." Then, he grabbed a big map of the city and accommodated it on the table. "Everything she's done, she's done it over the telluric current, Melissa and the sheriff have to be over one of them."

(...)

While approaching the loft's door, he heard Isaac's voice, his voice sounded like an ultimatum, charged with determination and resolve, the boy said, "you can stay here, perfecting the art of doing nothing." When the boy started to walk, he came face to face with John. Looking back, Isaac only breathed and muttered a soft, "sorry," and kept going his way.

Upon reaching the door, he heard Derek and Peter talking about Isaac changing his loyalties for Scott.

When he finally entered, both werewolves looked back at him, John only shrugged and said, "sorry for showing up in these tense times, I think we have matters to hands."

(...)

As he was running through the forest's darkness, he tried to regulate his speed, as to not let his wife get lost. Amidst the confusing darkness, and the silence of the night, filled, to the human ear, with only the natural sounds from a forest, David could hear her in a significant distance, she was running, and doing it fast, trying to escape from something, or someone. Then, just behind the sound of her fast steps, he also heard another pair of them, these ones were faster and accompanied with growls.

Then, after around ten minutes, it all stopped in a small clearing. The woman was having a conversation, or more like a discussion. She was protected by a seal of mountain ash. It was no surprise to David when she mentioned Deucalion in the same sentence as death and killed. Then, the last part of their conversation was said. He heard Deucalion's voice, a voice he would've been happy never hearing again. "The lies a person says begging for their life." From behind the shrubs, he could see, clear as they, the apparently placid face of Deucalion, his expression so serene and unsettling.

"It's all the truth." And those simple words were enough to make Deucalion's facade fall. In instants, the before placid expression on his face changes, turning into a deep frown and angry grimace, swiftly, the man took his cane and threw it against the woman, embedding it on her shoulder, making her stumble back, breaking the mountain ash sealing.

As the woman fell, Scott rushed to her side, stopping the alphas from killing her. Seconds later the teenager felt a presence behind him, or more like two presences, to be more exact.

"Well, well, well. David Rookwood, we meet again." Deucalion's face now had a wicked smirk again.

Deucalion opened his mouth, but, before he could answer, Esther's voice, stern and strong, flew through the space, while holding a rigid expression, keeping her chin up, she said, "I see our warning was fruitless."

From the floor, with clenched teeth, Morrell said, "Miss. Rookwood."

"Marin." Was all the Keeper said.

When Deucalion looked like he was about to speak, David took the turn to make his last ultimatum, "if you lot want to see another day, I suggest you to leave. Now." While the other three alphas looked at each other before looking back at their leader, the man only looked directly at David, his lips in a thin line, before he gestured with his hand to the others to leave.