Chapter 10: Zero Suit Samus

Start from the beginning

"Sheik!" I yelled, and Sheik disappeared before reappearing next to me.

"I'm here, Samus." She said.

"Don't run from me!" Ganondorf shouted, and double-jumped to the side of the bridge we were at. "Besides, I brought backup." Ganondorf said, and pointed to the two witches that had now appeared.

"Not Koume and Kotake!" Sheik said, and Ganondorf laughed.

"Which is which?" I asked.

"Kotake is the red one, and Koume is the white one. Kotake uses fire magic, and Koume uses ice magic." Sheik explained.

"Koume! Freeze their side!" Ganondorf ordered, jumping to the other side. The white witch casted a spell to our side of the bridge, and huge ice with sharp points began to appear, inching closer and closer to us.

"Run!" Sheik yelled, and I obeyed. Sheik disappeared again and reappeared on the other side, starting to fight Ganondorf on her own. I jumped and used my whip to grab onto the side again, and pulled up to the ground. Sheik started charging a Smash attack, so I charged at Ganondorf and used my Flip Jump move. I landed on top of Ganondorf, burying him waist deep into the ground. Ganondorf struggled, and Sheik unleashed a fully charged side Smash attack. Ganondorf flew out of his hole and crashed into a village home, destroying it. I heard a creaking sound behind me and turned around. The witches and the ice was gone, and the bridge was back to normal!

"How did that happen?" I asked Sheik.

"Gerudo Valley is a special valley." Sheik simply said. Ganondorf got out of the village house wreckage and lunged at us.

"Die!" Ganondorf said, and used his Wizard Foot move. Sheik and I side-stepped out of the way easily.

"Ganondorf—!" I yelled, and Sheik grabbed him.

"Begone!" Sheik yelled, and threw Ganondorf into the water, and Ganondorf screamed in anger as he was drifting away and couldn't escape.

"I guess you can take care of yourself." I said, and Sheik laughed.

"I told you." She said.

"So, about what Ganondorf said...are you really Princess Zelda?" I asked. Sheik held her head down after I said that.

"Yes." She said quietly.

"Okay then. I'll still call you Sheik when you're dressed like that." I promised, and Sheik held her head up again.

"Thanks." She said, and I nodded.

"Let's get going to the Fortress." I said.

"Yes, let's. It is not that far from here, surprisingly."

———————————————————————————————————————————

Sheik seemed to be used to the weather, but I defiantly was not.

"Just wondering...how much longer is this going to be?" I asked.

"Trust me, it's not that far. See that big, black building about a mile or two away? That's it." Sheik said, pointing to it. We continued to trek across the desert, and in a couple of minutes we were at the Dark Legion Fortress.

"So, how are we going to get in?" I asked Sheik.

"Well, I can teleport in a way and cling to walls, and you have your jet boots..." Sheik said.

"Okay then!" I said, activating my jet boots. I shot up to the top of the Fortress and Sheik soon followed, a puff of smoke leaving her.

"Care to do the honors?" She asked me, and I nodded. I double-jumped up, then shot down and kicked a hole in the roof.

"How's that?" I said, smirking as we both jumped inside.

"So do you remember where your Power Suit is, Samus?" Sheik said.

"Yeah...it's on this floor, not too far from here...from what I heard." I told her, recalling what I remembered from my escape.

"Cool. Let's go." Sheik said, and I lead the way to the room where my Power Suit was. We entered the room and saw a floating platform, and a larger one a little ways away from us. I looked closely at the large platform and saw...

"There's my Power Suit!"

"Good! Let's get it!" Sheik said, stepping onto the small floating platform. I did the same, and the small platform took us to the bigger one. We hopped off the platform and suddenly the case that was holding my Power Suit shattered open, and the Suit walked out on it's own.

"What's going on?!" I said, fear in my voice. An evil laughter blared in the room.

"How does it feel to know that your death will be from your own Power Suit?" Wario's voice said.

"You shut up!" Sheik yelled.

"We'll see who really shuts up for good in a moment!" Wario's voice taunted. The Power Suit charged, and I shot my Paralyzer at the Suit. The shot bounced off and the Power Suit lowered it's shoulder. Titanium collided at sprinting speed with my head, and I flew back and landed on my back.

"Samus!" Sheik cried.

"I'm okay!" I lied, blood starting to run down my face. I stood up as Sheik charged at the Power Suit and hit it with a dash attack, making the Power Suit flinch, but not harming it. The Power Suit launched a missile at Sheik's face, and she flew back.

"Augh!" Sheik cried, her suit and face mask ripped a little. She landed next to me, and I growled. There's no way it's operating by itself. It has to be wearing a transmitter of some kind...maybe on it's back? I thought. I charged at the Power Suit and used my Flip Jump move at the last second. I landed on the Power Suit, and it was buried into the platform momentarily. I looked at the Power Suit's back, and sure enough, the transmitter was in between the jetpack. I took the transmitter off and pulled the Power Suit out of the ground. Then I saw Sheik still lying on the ground.

"Sheik!" I shouted, dropping the Power Suit and running to her. I keeled next to her and saw she was a bloody mess.

"Samus..." She croaked.

"Hey, Sheik, I'm gonna give you a heart container that I kept in case of an emergency. Okay?" I told her, and she nodded. I gave Sheik the heart container and Sheik was instantly healed. She stood up, clothes still ripped but now unharmed.

"Thank you, Samus." She said. I nodded and slipped into my Power Suit.

"So? How do I look?" I asked, posing.

"Well...you're kinda wearing the thing that just tried to kill me, but...it's okay." Sheik said, then laughed.

"NO!! No laughing!" Wario's voice said.

"Whatever." I said. Sheik and I turned around and exited the room.

"So, Samus..." Sheik said as we stood on the Dark Legion Fortress roof, "What now?"

"Wario will most likely send an army to try and stop our escape, so all we have to do is start running, beat up those minions, and get back to Gerudo Valley so we can send a distress call and be picked up. Sound good?" I asked, and Sheik nodded.

"You and your plans." She said, shaking her head side to side. We descended the rooftop and started to run. Sure enough, an army of about two-hundred or more Primids, Big Primids, Fire Primids, and Boom Primids from the old Subspace Army appeared, hot on our trail.

"Would you look at that!" I said sarcastically, "I was right for once."

"Let's take care of them!" Sheik said, and stopped running. I did, too, and turned around.

"Blitz it!" I yelled, and together we charged into the large Primid army.