"Delle, that is not true..! You're my only option. Not her nor any another woman, it is only you..!"

Cordelia's eyes bore a hesitant gaze. "I don't know whether to trust your words." She uttered.

"Tell me who told you that." Leon subtly clenched his fists.

"Does it even matter? Just how much are you hiding from me?"

"I am not hiding anything else, trust me! I'll prove it to you!" Leon desperately took hold of her hands. "Delle, I'll tell you everything you need to know, so please just listen."

Cordelia could not look at him in the eyes any longer, having to look away, she averted her gaze from him.

"Go on." Her small voice left her lips.

"Tell me what I need to know. I'm listening." She spoke, still not looking at him.

A look of relief immediately washed over Leon's face. His eyes that was once dull, was now filled with hope once again.

"That woman... was only betrothed to me because our family made an agreement before we were even born. But trust me, Delle, the moment I took over the title, I broke off our engagement." Though he sounded truthful and sincere, Cordelia could not help but doubt him.

"Back then, you told me 'If you're bothered that I have a lover, then why don't you find your own.' Do you remember?" Though her voice was calm, her words were as sharp as ever that it pierced through his heart.

"You must have meant back then that you did have a lover." She added.

"That's—" Once again, Leon could not utter a word.

"Delle," He trailed, slowly pulling her closer. "I said that out of frustration... but that was not the truth. I didn't have any other woman."

"Then you must've been close with her, considering both your families are close, and how often she came to visit you for the past two years." She muttered under her breath.

"No." Leon quickly shook his head. "I don't have any relationship with her. She only came here in her father's behalf to talk about the problem we have on the borders of the kingdom."

She stole a reluctant glance at him.

"Even so, your relationship seemed very close." Another low mutter left her lips. Surely, Cordelia hid her jealousy very well.

Leon bit his lower lip as he held her chin, forcing her to look at him. "I can prove that she is nothing but a stranger to me."

"How can someone whom you've been betrothed suddenly become a stranger?"

"I meant what I said. I never had any close relationship with her. She is a stranger to me."

"Yet you always took her side whenever she claimed I've caused her trouble. You took her side instead of your wife."

His hear twisted painfully. "That was the past, Delle..."

"I know I was wrong and terrible to you back then, and I cannot express how much I've regretted my actions. But now, all I want is to make it all up you."

Cordelia couldn't utter a word. After all, what else is there to say? There was no trust left in her, for he broke it.

"But do trust me when I say that there was no other woman in our marriage. There was only you. You are the only one I am harboring these feelings to. I've change and I can prove that to you."

"Please believe me." He desperately pleaded.

"Please, Delle..." He swallowed a shaky breath. "—give me another chance."