Epilogue

Author's Note:

The end is finally here.

Thank you all for staying this long and for reading the first book that I have ever completed. Writing this book for a month and a couple of days was thrilling to me!

I enjoyed every moment of it.

See you all in my next book, "The girl who can't speak" (Ah gives away the plot). It's a Y/N x Jennie story that I had been thinking about lately. To cut it short and simple, it's about selective mutism.

But for now... here goes nothing.

The Sleeping Contract is officially signing off!

Word Count: 4550

---

Y/N's POV

Morning arrived much too early for me today. I let out a groan as the sunlight poured through the blinds, intruding on our peaceful slumber. I had no recollection of falling asleep last night.

All I could remember was the warmth emanating from Jennie's presence as we lay in bed together, careful not to touch.

When I finally managed to pry my eyes open, the rays of sunlight were already piercing through my eyelids.

There she was, Jennie, lying next to me. Her arms tucked tightly under her pillow, making it quite a challenge for me to reach for them.

Her sleeping form was almost identical to her previous one, indicating that she was purposely lying right in front of me, maintaining a distance out of fear of getting too close.

I couldn't blame her, as the thought of accidentally touching or hugging her would undoubtedly overwhelm her.

She looked so peaceful while she slept, not a trace of worry or fear present on her face. No nightmares haunted her dreams.

I carefully tucked the blanket over her, taking extra care not to disturb her slumber. As I finished arranging the blanket, she stirred slightly, causing the sheet to slip off her shoulders, exposing her delicate collarbones.

I watched her for a few moments, admiring her serene expression, devoid of any distress or panic.

The urge to reach out to her grew stronger with each passing second, but I restrained myself. It was a miracle that she hadn't woken up yet, considering how my fingers itched desperately to touch her skin.

In the end, I couldn't resist moving closer. With the tips of my fingers barely grazing her soft hair, I leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on her head, careful to avoid any skin contact.

Her body jolted at the sensation, and she let out a small gasp as her eyes fluttered open.

My heart raced faster than ever before as her gaze immediately locked with mine.

I swallowed hard. "Good morning," I whispered, hoping for a reciprocal greeting.

It took her a while to respond, her voice coming out raspy and dry. "Did I fall asleep?" she asked sleepily.

I nodded. "Yeah, did you have a good rest? You must feel quite refreshed now that you've finally gotten a decent sleep." I smiled, trying not to let my cheeks turn crimson.

She tiredly nodded. "Thank you for yesterday. I really needed to talk to you." A small smile appeared on her pink lips.

"We both needed that talk," I replied, returning her smile. "But first," I paused for a moment, "you need to take better care of yourself! If anything were to happen to you and you didn't recover quickly enough, I would never forgive myself!" I playfully glared at her and added.