10

Rosé's POV

I gazed at the delicate silver ring encircling my finger, a soft smile playing on my lips. It was more than just a piece of jewelry; it was a symbol of the promise Y/N and I made when we were just twelve years old. A promise to always stand by each other's side, come what may. We swore to be friends until the very end, even if death were to part us. But now... now it seemed like that promise was slipping away.

Throughout my life, I had longed for someone who truly understood me, someone who could fathom the depths of my heart. And Y/N, she was the first person I found in this vast world who fit that description. A sigh escaped my lips as I gazed through the window, the vibrant sun casting its warm glow and a gentle breeze dancing through the air. It reminded me of a simpler time, a memory from my childhood.

Back then, Y/N used to grasp my hand tightly as we walked to school each morning, never letting go. Once we arrived, hand in hand, we would make our way straight to our classroom, claiming seats next to each other. We laughed and shared jokes, finding solace in each other's company, even when the world around us was filled with rude comments and unkindness. In those moments, I never felt alone.

But now, it seemed as if Y/N no longer needed me in her life. If it weren't for my sister Alice, who had urged Y/N to reach out to me, I would have never known if she even wanted to see me again. Alice had done her best to convince me that Y/N wasn't the problem, that I had been blinded by love and devotion. The truth was, I had been oblivious to the changes happening all around me, too consumed by my own emotions.

Regret gnawed at me for going to Australia. If only I had stayed, things wouldn't be like this. But... wait. It wasn't too late yet. There was still time. I could still win her back.

---

"I'm starving, Y/N!" I whined, my impatience getting the best of me. It was our usual Friday night, and I had managed to convince her to spend it with me instead of Jennie. Y/N rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed. "Rosé, how many times do I have to tell you? I'm not hungry."

"Come on, you're stomach's doing somersaults," I insisted.

"I have to be home by 10, you know that," she replied, her voice tinged with exasperation.

"Ugh, please, babe?" I pleaded, desperate for some quality time together. We hardly ever had this much time alone. I don't know why I felt so desperate, but if I couldn't have fun tonight, at least I would try.

Taking her hand in mine, I pulled her towards a nearby restaurant, its bright neon sign flickering in an array of vibrant colors above us. We quickly found a table, and I ordered our drinks, waiting anxiously for the waiter to return.

He set our drinks down and offered an apologetic smile before disappearing in a blur of movement. As I glanced at Y/N, I noticed a shift in her expression, a deep seriousness settling over her features.

"Why are you always in such a rush at night, Y/N?" I asked curiously. "Why don't we just let loose and enjoy ourselves? This place is fancy, after all."

Y/N let out a soft sigh, her thumb tracing circles on the surface of the table as she lost herself in thought. I knew something was weighing heavily on her mind.

"I can't tell you, Rosé," she finally responded, her gaze meeting mine briefly.

I raised an eyebrow, disbelief evident on my face. Why couldn't she confide in me? Was it because of Jennie?