11

Y/N's POV

Rosé's mischievous smile played on her lips as she locked eyes with me. "Do you always take orders from your girlfriend?" she taunted, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "If I were you, I'd dump a control freak like her."

Before I could muster a response, Jennie swiftly stepped forward, her hand connecting with Rosé's cheek in a resounding slap. My heart froze in my chest, my eyes widening in shock as I witnessed the scene unfold before me.

Rosé's expression transformed into one of disbelief, her hand instinctively reaching up to rub her stinging cheek. "W-wait, Jennie," she stammered, her voice wavering. "That wasn't necessary. She just wanted to-"

"Shut up, Y/N." Jennie hissed at me, her glare fixed on Rosé, who now held my wrists firmly in her grasp. "I told you not to touch her again."

"Jennie, please, don't hurt her," I pleaded, tears welling up in my eyes, the gravity of the situation sinking in.

"I won't," Jennie snarled, her voice laced with anger. "Only if she stops being so desperate."

Rosé, still holding her stinging cheek, spoke up with a hint of vulnerability. "You caught me by surprise," she admitted, her voice softer now.

"We'll talk later, y/n," Jennie said, her grip on my wrist tightening as she forcefully pulled me away from Rosé.

---

Jennie practically shoved me into the car, frustration emanating from her every pore. The door slammed shut, and I instinctively reached out to hold her hand, hoping to calm her down. "Jennie, please, don't be so angry," I implored.

"Don't tell me what to do," she snapped as she settled into the driver's seat, the jingle of keys punctuating her words.

"But was it really necessary to lash out like that?"

"There was a reason, and there still is," she responded bitterly, her grip on the steering wheel tightening. "Because of her, you're always late. She doesn't respect our relationship. She doesn't see you as just a friend."

I sat in silence, uncertain of how to respond to her anger and hurt. Her long, dark hair cascaded over her shoulder as she buried her head in her hands, gripping the steering wheel with a white-knuckled grip.

Why did she feel this way?

"I promise you, Jennie, there is no one else apart from you and me," I assured her, my hand finding its place atop hers.

"How can you be so sure?"

"I just am," I replied, a small smile playing on my lips as I looked into her captivating cat-like eyes.

"Promise me one thing, y/n."

"Anything."

"Promise me that you'll stay away from Rosé," she whispered, her gaze unwavering.

But Rosé is my best friend...

"If that's what you want," I hesitated, a pang of guilt tugging at my heart.

She released the steering wheel and enveloped me in a tight embrace, her arms encircling my waist. She rested her head against my neck, her warm breath tickling my skin as she exhaled deeply, releasing the tension that had built up within her.