Twelve Plus One

Life was simple

Life was simple. Well as simple as life could be for a Korean pop star that is. Chanyeol did everything he was supposed to do. He woke up in the morning, bathed and ate. He went to all of the scheduled practices and meet and greets and concerts. He spends time with his friends and gets home at the wee hours in the morning just to get a few hours of sleep. Tonight just as he pulled the cover over his head someone had a brilliant idea. The doorbell went off about twenty times. This caused groaning and promises from Chanyeol that he would be there soon.

He jumped from bed unwillingly. He neglected to put on a shirt or pants. Whoever stood at the door continually ringing the god forsaken doorbell had better be prepared for Batman boxers.

"I'm coming!" He whined. He looked to the ceiling for one moment, "I asked for sleep you couldn't do me this one favor?" He shook his head and continued on. Surprisingly the ringing had stopped. He pulled the door open to find nothing and no one. He stepped out to look around when his foot hit something. It was a small car seat containing a baby.

"What in the world?!" He picked up the car seat and again looked around. Not a soul lingered. He couldn't believe this was even happening. He thought that things like this only happened in movies.

Chanyeol took the baby and car seat into his home and shut the door. He turned on all of the lights as he walked through his home. He set it on the kitchen counter and looked down.

The baby made an odd whining noise making Chanyeol jump back. He slowly made his way back and the baby's eyes were barely open and mostly covered by long thick eye lashes but he could still tell they were really big. A sleepy smile spread across its face causing small dimples to appear.

"Awe." He put both hands over his cheeks squishing his face in the process. Had it been anyone else it should have been an ugly sight.

The baby was cute he had to admit. It was small. Its hand looked like a dolls. So tiny compared to his own. It had thick black curly hair. Bronze skin a little darker than Kai's, its eyebrows were barely noticeable, it had a button nose slightly chubby cheeks and a pointy little chin.

The baby stretched out its arms. Hands slightly opening and closing. It wanted Chanyeol but the giant was too sleepy to figure that out. Its lip slowly poked out and eyebrows raised. Its breathing increased and tears pooled in its eyes.

"Oh no what did I do wrong?!" Chanyeol looked around panicked. "What do I do what do I do!" And as the dope looked about as if someone were there to help him the baby got louder and reached farther.

Chanyeol poked a finger into the center of his chest. "You want me?" He could have sworn the baby nodded and that's all it took for him to scoop the baby up and hold him to his bare chest. The baby was much colder than he thought and for that he felt bad.

The boy had never held a baby before so he just stood there arms wrapped around the baby and himself.

"What should I do?" He couldn't think of anything that would be helpful. He somehow managed to put both hands under the baby's armpits and hold it out in front of him. "What do you think?" The baby's head flopped down and to the side unable to use its own neck.