Chapter 30: Timely-cut Losses

Upon hearing these words, Yu Xinyan felt relieved and thought highly of Yao Hui's actions. It saved her the trouble of going to the labor union herself. However, she knew she had to maintain a certain facade and pretended to be excited, asking, "What happened?"

Tian Sister-in-law looked at Yu Xinyan's expression and sighed, "If only you had gone straight home after being discharged yesterday, Yao Hui wouldn't have found an opportunity. Now that such a thing has happened, how will it end?"

Suppressing the urge to burst into laughter, Yu Xinyan gritted her teeth and asked, "What did Yao Hui say?"

Tian Sister-in-law sighed again, "She definitely can't say that she seduced her brother-in-law or that she willingly offered herself. She claimed that something was left behind, so she went back to retrieve it. But Lv Jun Cheng had been drinking and wouldn't let go of her. He kept calling her sister-in-law, Yao Qian's name. Yao Hui said she was afraid of tarnishing her reputation and thought that Lv Jun Cheng was just drunk and would be fine later. So she tried to take him back to the room, and that's how it ended up."

Yu Xinyan sneered inwardly, finding the story quite logical. However, she couldn't afford to let her guard down until the matter was completely resolved. With a cold expression, she mocked, "First, Lu Jun Cheng secretly underwent sterilization, wanting me to be a free nanny for his family. Now he's involved with his own sister-in-law. His character truly is despicable."

Thinking of something, she quickly pulled Tian Sister-in-law into the room and glanced at the corridor to make sure no one was around. Then she closed the door and whispered, "Tian Sister-in-law, please keep the sterilization matter confidential."

Yu Xinyan had changed her mind. Since she could smoothly resolve the situation without any effort on her part, she decided not to expose his secret. It was better to let those scoundrels torture each other in the future.

Seeing the puzzled look on Tian Sister-in-law's face, Yu Xinyan generously said, "I was already planning to separate from Lu Jun Cheng. With this incident, he will definitely be responsible for Yao Hui. If I expose everything now, the situation might become even more complicated. As for what happened last night and who was right or wrong, only they know the truth. The three children are Yao Hui's biological siblings, and Yao Hui is their biological aunt. Even if Yao Hui can't have children in the future, I believe their relationship won't change much."

Tian Sister-in-law wasn't as optimistic, but since Yu Xinyan said so, she knew she shouldn't meddle in the matter. Moreover, their families were neighbors, and they would inevitably meet each other in the future, which could lead to awkward encounters.

Tian Sister-in-law patted Yu Xinyan's hand and said, "I understand, I understand. You're such a good girl. It's Lu Jun Cheng's loss."

She then sighed, "It's really hard on you. You were originally a pure and innocent young girl, but they've turned you into a divorced woman."

Yu Xinyan couldn't contain her excitement. She made an effort to conceal it and said, "It's better than living together and discovering the truth later. This is called cutting losses at the right time."

In Tian Sister-in-law's eyes, Yu Xinyan appeared too heartbroken, and she felt sorry for her. She thought it was because Yu Xinyan is strong-willed and had been putting up a front.

Yu Xinyan acted swiftly. She washed her face with cold water, put on a jacket, and followed Tian Sister-in-law out of the house.

When they arrived, there was a heated argument going on inside.

From a distance, they could hear Yao Hui's mother scolding Lv Jun Cheng, "How have I ever wronged you? My eldest daughter married you and lost everything. I've never said anything hurtful, enduring the pain in my heart while helping you take care of the children day after day. And now, this is how you repay me? Can you justify yourself to Yao Qian?"

After these words were spoken, the onlookers started pointing fingers at Lu Jun Cheng.

(End of this chapter)

*******
ORIGINAL Author's Note:

Dear readers, a new book has started, and I need your support. Please collect, leave comments, vote, and give it a five-star rating. I appreciate all of your support. The garden will continue to strive!

*******

Jahnina: Kumusta? If you'd like to show your support for the author of this novel, please take a moment to visit the Qidian link provided in the "TL's Note" section. Salamat madamo~