Chapter 18: Even The Most Resourceful Person Cannot Cook without Rice

Yu Xinyan's current mood was truly delightful. It was as if her heart was soaring, filled with unparalleled excitement. With this space at her disposal, she felt like she was on the path to achieving greatness, transcending from a noob to a true master.

As she watched the various fish swimming in the space's streamwater, Yu Xinyan's mind quickly became active. She remembered that less than three miles from the factory's gate, in the direction of the city, there was a town center where a state-owned restaurant was located. The head chef there had a preference for fresh ingredients. She wondered if they would be willing to accept a few fish she caught.

Although there was a state-owned restaurant within the factory, she didn't want to attract attention from the people inside the factory for now.

Now that she had the existence of the space, her future life was more secure.

Next, she only wanted to quickly resolve her relationship with Lu Juncheng, that scumbag, register her household at a new place, and then find a school to focus on preparing for the exams.

As she contemplated these matters in her mind, it didn't affect her footsteps.

When she was close to her destination, she plucked a handful of grass from the roadside, then took out two black carp and two catfish from the space. Each fish weighed more than two pounds. She headed straight to the state-owned restaurant.

Coincidentally, there was a heated argument taking place in the restaurant's kitchen. The head chef, Master Zhang, was preparing to quit.

The restaurant manager hurriedly stopped him. "Master Zhang, calm down. It was indeed my nephew's mistake. I'll find a way to bring fresh ingredients here. You know, we can't afford to offend those customers tonight. Please help me out, alright?"

Master Zhang wasn't intentionally causing trouble. It was just that the manager's nephew had gone too far. He had already told him that the fish in the bucket were reserved for a customer's order that evening, but in the blink of an eye, the fish were gone. Now they needed the fish, but they realized there were none in the bucket.

But those customers had made reservations specifically to taste Master Zhang's culinary skills, and they had requested fish dishes. This had caused quite a commotion.

Master Zhang looked at the restaurant manager. "It's already this late. Where can you find ingredients?"

The manager's face was filled with worry. "I have to give it a try."

He knew it wasn't guaranteed that he would find anything, but he couldn't just do nothing. He thought to himself, "I can only try my luck at the black market."

Just as he was about to leave, Song Wenjuan, who was responsible for collecting money and tickets, rushed in. Due to her excitement, her words were a bit incoherent. "Manager, fish... someone... someone brought fish."

Upon hearing this, the people in the kitchen instinctively turned to look towards the entrance. However, there was a half-curtain hanging at the entrance between the kitchen and the dining hall, so they couldn't see anything.

The restaurant manager pushed through the people in front and rushed outside. When he saw Yao Hui standing there with the fish, his face was filled with excitement. He couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief, thinking, "These fish that came to the rescue couldn't have come at a better time."

There weren't many customers on the first floor at the moment, and those who had made advanced orders were already seated on the second floor.

Yu Xinyan had noticed that there were no customers in the restaurant, so she entered and asked if they would accept the fish.

The restaurant manager walked up with a smile, carefully examining the fish in Yao Hui's hands. "Miss, these fish are really fresh."

Yao Hui smiled in response. "I just caught them from the Yuquan River. They're still alive."

The restaurant manager glanced at the entrance. "Miss, let's talk inside. We might have customers coming in soon."

Yu Xinyan had been waiting for him to say that. Although things had improved significantly compared to previous years, people still didn't dare to openly conduct transactions. Originally, she had planned to go to the back entrance to inquire, but there were people renovating a house there, and the path to the back entrance was blocked by construction materials.

(End of this Chapter)