Chapter 13: Unintentional Words Can Have Intentional Meaning

Without waiting for Yao Hui's response, Mrs. Tian turned to Lu Juncheng and said, "I still have a lot of things to take care of at home, so I'll head back first." Pausing at the entrance, she added with a serious tone, "Juncheng, this matter can't be delayed. You should hurry and persuade her to come back."

After saying this, Mrs. Tian nodded at Yao Hui and went straight back to her own yard next door.

Yao Hui watched as Mrs. Tian ignored her, feeling a mix of annoyance and indifference. She understood that Mrs. Tian was trying to convince her brother-in-law to bring back Yu Xinyan, that country girl.

As if I will allow that to happen!

She quickly walked a few steps and reached Lu Juncheng's side. "Brother-in-law, don't listen to Mrs. Tian. If she doesn't want to come back, just let her be for a few days. It's better to teach her a lesson than let her think she's so desirable."

Lu Juncheng had been uncertain about what to do, but after hearing Yao Hui's words, he found them reasonable. It had only been a few days since he left the hospital and came home to take care of the children. He had endured that, but if she continued causing trouble even after leaving the hospital, he would have to deal with her sooner or later.

Seeing that Lu Juncheng was receptive, Yao Hui raised the braised pork and rice wine in her hand. "Brother-in-law, look at what I bought. I heard that the factory has been busy these past few days, and you guys in the third workshop have been working overtime."

Lu Juncheng understood what Yao Hui was thinking. It wasn't as if no one had advised him before. Marrying someone else was not as good as marrying his younger sister-in-law. At least she would care for the children more than an outsider. But when Yao Qian was on her deathbed, Yao Hui had said she would take care of the family, but Yao Qian had shaken her head and disagreed.

On top of that, his mother-in-law didn't approve either, so he had put the idea aside. But then, a co-worker jokingly said to him, "Juncheng, why not find a village girl? They're not as arrogant as the city girls, and they're sincere and capable. Marrying one would be like falling into a bed of roses, and she would treat your children well."

Unintentional words can hold intentional meaning. He remembered this remark.

He had an idea. Since he was looking for someone from the village anyway, why not go back to his hometown? He would have a better understanding of the person's background, and it would be farther away, which meant fewer complications.

If he found someone from a nearby village, the wife and her family would be too close, and he might have to constantly cater to her family's demands. That wouldn't be easy to handle, and his three children might end up suffering.

Seeing Yao Hui, Lu Juncheng's face turned cold. "Xiao Hui, why are you here again? Didn't Mom say not to come over here?"

Yao Hui didn't care about what Lu Juncheng said and snorted lightly. "I have legs on my body, and besides, as your sister-in-law, can't I come to see my nephews?"

Lu Juncheng thought about what his mother-in-law had said before:

"Juncheng, I believe you've noticed Xiao Hui's intentions, but I don't agree with it. She's still young and thinks too simplistically. In the future, keep your distance from her, even if Mom ends up begging you."

The matter had already reached this point, so what else could he say? Furthermore, if he really got involved with Yao Hui, it would be unfair to his late wife.

When he heard Yao Hui's words and saw her eyes, which resembled his wife Yao Qian, brimming with tears, he couldn't help but soften his stance. "That's not what I meant."

(End of this Chapter)

ORIGINAL Author's Note:

Today's update is complete. Thank you all for your support!