Return to Castle Hogwarts

(A/N) Another Wolfenstein reference. When I was thinking of a title, I thought it was a Castlevania reference, but then when I said it out in my head, I realized it was a Wolfenstein reference XD

The dragon was uncontrollable; it could not see where it was going, and (Y/N) knew that if it turned sharply or rolled in midair they would find it impossible to cling onto its broad back, and he knew they all were aware of that possibility. Nevertheless, as they climbed higher and higher, London unfurling below them like a gray and green map, (Y/N) was just glad that he got Hermione out of that nearly inescapable situation, but they weren't out of the woods yet. One thing he greatly appreciated was the feeling of the cool air hitting his burned and blistered skin; he was sure that the others felt the same with their burns.

He heard Hermione starting to sob, but it was silent. He grabbed her hand, which now had both of them only holding onto the dragon with just one hand, but they both felt safer at the same time. (Y/N) looked around and he no longer felt like the dragon was going to throw them off, but he also had no idea when it intended to land, either. He wondered how long it would take for Voldemort and Bellatrix to be notified of these events. The Cup was left in the vault, destroyed, cleaved by the Sword of Gryffindor that Griphook had taken from them. When that cup got found, it would tell Voldemort right then what they were doing, that they were hunting for Horcruxes.

The dragon climbed higher and higher still, and it was no longer possible to make out anything in London. (Y/N) looked at Hermione, who was looking out over the side of the dragon, and he was wondering how long it had been since the dragon last ate, or had water. It might have been blind, but it would be able to locate food and water based on smell alone, and (Y/N) wondered if, when they got to the ground, the Dragon would see them as four hearty meals for it. They'd just have to chance it when the dragon landed.

The sun had slipped lower in the sky, which was turning an indigo color; still the dragon flew, cities and towns gliding out of sight beneath them, its enormous shadow sliding over the earth like a giant dark cloud. It was early morning when they'd fled Gringotts, and it was now turning darker. (Y/N)'s perception of time was rattled beyond belief.

"Is it my imagination," Ron shouted after a long stretch of silence, "or are we losing height?"

(Y/N) looked and sure enough, the mountains and lakes were seeming to grow larger and larger below them. "I say we jump when the dragon is low enough!" Harry called to them, "Straight into the lake before it realizes we're here!"

They all agreed, and (Y/N) looked at Hermione, and when Harry said to jump, they let go of each other and dove straight into the water of the lake. When (Y/N) came about in the water, finding which direction the surface was, he started to swim, but something had caught his foot, causing the breath to be knocked out of him. He turned and saw some Kappa's, and he briefly wondered why they were in Great Britain, given they were native to Japan, but that was the least of his worries at that moment. He quickly used Diffindo to sever the Kappa's hands and he turned to continue swimming, but the surface was too far, and he would run out of air before he could reach it. In a last ditch effort, he pointed his wand up and nonverbally used Ascendio, and he was propelled toward the surface.

Hermione was in hysterics when (Y/N) hadn't come above the water level yet. She, Harry, and Ron had swam for the shore, but she never saw him with them, and he hadn't been seen yet. She was standing at the edge of the beach, her shoes submerged in the water, and she was scanning the water frantically for her lover. Soon he was launched into the air, but he was still a little ways out, so she re-entered the water and swam towards him, "(Y/N)!" She got him, holding his head above the water, but he wasn't breathing. Hermione quickly got him to land, Harry and Ron helping to pull him out, and Hermione started to give him CPR. She placed her hands on his chest and proceeded to give him chest compressions, "Don't you die on me..." She listened near his mouth, but there was nothing. She held his nose closed, placed her mouth on his, and put some air into him. She went back to chest compressions, "Don't you die on me!" Hermione had tears in her eyes as she didn't let up on the chest compressions.