"Fasten them tightly and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly and pull it sharply out of the pot, like this," the professor demonstrated.

Instead of roots, a particularly ugly baby emerged from the soil. Leaves grew directly from its head as it screamed at the top of its lungs.

 Leaves grew directly from its head as it screamed at the top of its lungs

The professor transferred the Mandrake to another pot, where it grumbled angrily with an ugly face, while some handfuls of soil were placed around it.

"You transfer it down to the other pot and sprinkle a little soil onto it until it can't move

"You transfer it down to the other pot and sprinkle a little soil onto it until it can't move."

A high-pitched scream disoriented Cassi and her classmates for a moment.
"These little creatures have lungs," Cassi chuckled with Pansy.

Suddenly, Neville Longbottom fainted.
"Ah, Longbottom has been neglecting his earmuffs," the professor remarked.

"No, ma'am, he just fainted," Lyan declared.

"Ah, well, let's leave him there," the professor dismissed indifferently.

"Right, here we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrakes and pull them up."

The screams echoed through the greenhouse as the small creatures began to wail in protest at being disturbed. Draco, always ready for mischief, had the brilliant idea of sticking his finger in the mouth of one of the creatures, only to be bitten in response.

"What did you expect?" Cassi asked, raising an eyebrow disapprovingly.
Draco seemed irritated but couldn't help chuckling.

⁀➷

During Defense Against the Dark Arts class, Gilderoy Lockhart took the position of professor. Cassiopeia rolled her eyes, well aware that the man was a complete fraud. As the class settled into their seats, Lockhart cleared his throat loudly, filling the room with silence. He reached out and grabbed a copy of "Travels with Trolls" belonging to Neville Longbottom, holding it up to display his own smiling photo on the cover, winking at the class.