𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱 || 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐳

Start from the beginning

"Toni, you don't need to apologize to me, I've gotten over everything that happened."

"I know but they will never will, and that bothers me" Brooklyn sighed, hating that Toni was one of the youngest yet she was the most mature out of the bunch.

"Toni, I've been got over the fact that I would never get an apology from him, because to him, he didn't do anything wrong, so I don't need it from you." She let her know straight up "Thank you though, I appreciate it."

She turned back around in her seat, continuing the task she started while Toni nods her head while looking around the room, until her eyes landed on a painting of hers. It was unfinished but nevertheless it was beautiful.

"You love him, don't you" She mumbled keeping her eyes on the picture.

Brooklyn looked up trying to figure out what she was talking about until she noticed she was looking at her painting, quickly she jumped up and reached for the it cover that had fell onto the ground. "You're not supposed to see this."

"My bad" Toni chuckled watching as Brooklyn fixed the white fabric.

"I wanted him to see it first." She sat back down feeling a little after realizing what she just said and who she was saying it too.

Toni smiled "I think he's good for you." She said making Brooklyn look away. "He not going to do you like my brother did and I believe that."

"I believe that too."

Because until him all she knew was bad love, love that was uncertain, draining, and difficult, but loving him was comforting and easy.

-

Opening the door to the hair salon triggered the bell on top of the door, which caught the attention of the employees who instantly recognized Brooklyn. She was regular customer who came in almost weekly. "Hello Ms. Hollywood" a brown skin girl with thick dark lips from smoking with a pink buzz cut and a eyebrow piercing walked placed the rest of her combs into the blueish liquid before greeting Brooklyn at the front desk.

"Hey Trinity" She waved at the stylist as she stepped up to the pearl with counter. 

"Girl your early, I'm still sanitizing my stuff." She laughed, going to the computer and checking off her appointment.

"Would rather want me to be late?" She questioned making Trinity side eye her before walking away from the computer and heading back over to her station.

"You already know that i don't play that late shit" Brooklyn sat down in the chair while Trinity stood next to her, trying to get her tools together.

"Only when it's your clients."

"First off it was one time, and plus I end up making it up to you so don't even try to play me like that" She laughed walking behind Brooklyn and pulling the large bonnet off her head.

"Bro, what did I tell you about coming to me pre blow dried." She said with attuited looking at her client through the mirror. "I told you stop; damn you don't listen" She mumbled under her breath making Brooklyn laugh.

"Girl, you will be okay" She watched as her stylist grabbed a wide tooth comb and began detangling her hair. "And I was trying to make this process move faster, I have somewhere to be."